My Oilburner project

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share my 84 Ford F250 4x4 project with you guys/girls

I bought this 6 months ago from the original owner. It has 300k kms on it. The PO was the service manager at Inland Kenworth and took really good care of the drivetrain

Here's how it sat when I bought it. It has had new head gaskets, fuel return lines, and ip pump done in the last 2 years.
You must be registered for see images attach

I found a really good deal on a 91 front clip and doors so I installed them and welded in new cab corners and rockers. It then got all new paint. The colors are both from Volvo and are a really dark grey metallic on top and a graphite grey for the insert. I also had a leak from the rear tank so I decided to replace both.

I also added some new rims and a pair of 2004 excursion power leather buckets. The front bumper is temporary since I have I am in the middle of building a winch bumper and as you can see the grill has been cut so the Warn 8274 only sticks out 3" from the grill : D

Heres how she sits now ;Sweet

Then on Saturday I got enough courage to tackle the non wastegated ATS turbo install. I have to admit I was nervous about putting it on since i'm very inexperienced with diesels but with the help of 2 friends we had it finished with the 4" exhaust in about 12 hrs (and one 18 pack of bottles)

The exhaust was all parts from Napa and Summit racing. I think I have a few small leaks in the y pipe (When I got it the up pipe was cut) but when I am cruising on the highway mid throttle it sits at around 2-3 pounds boost and when im barely on it im making 1 pound maybe. When I get on it on a big grade and hammer down it jumps to almost 10. Highest EGT's have been 900. We turned the IP up about 3 flats. Not alot of black smoke but its there :thumbsup:

The Pyro and Boost. I am going to buy a couple more matching gauges and move my oil temp and pressure to the opposite side. I also replaced all the bulbs and gave the glass a good cleaning and WOW I can actually read them at night now.

Whats left to do now is I'm going to repaint all the interior panels, Add overloads or airbags, and I think a 5 speed swap is a must. Nothing to crazy but im super happy with it and have about $4500+- Canadia monies into it.

The trucks soul purpose in life is to tow this and occasionally my camper to

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 on that! Great to see an old dog get some new life breathed into it! ;Sweet

Fixing rust too. :hail

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Its nice having some power now but a little weird with the non wastegate setup

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good......you'll be pleased to know that ifn I was workin on that thar truck it woulda taken an 18 pack of beer for me alone! Thus you got away cheap! LOL

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good......you'll be pleased to know that ifn I was workin on that thar truck it woulda taken an 18 pack of beer for me alone! Thus you got away cheap! LOL

:rotflmao I was surprised considering all the swearing and :mad: trying to get the up pipe and downpipe in. That alone can ruin a day

suv7734

Reaction score
Great work! Something about knowing everything that's 'under' you that is priceless. Drop me a PM and we could meet for a ...coffee, I'm out that way often.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great before and afters, tastefull upgrades too.

Think of what a newer rig with a diesel and leather would have cost you, not to mention the satisfaction of reviving it yourself.

Two thumbs up;Sweet ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin