My oil analysis isn't good

dmm

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my latest report from Blackstone. It's attached. Last time they thought there might be coolant in my sample. Unfortunately this time they're sure. The problem appears to have begun some time after I changed the water pump last year. I did coat the four bolts that pass through the timing cover with RTV. At this point I'm not sure how to proceed. Do you think this is likely to be cavitation damage? I know the truck had no SCA's in it when I acquired it two years ago.

Thanks,
DMM

Attachments

• RACH-080816.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 20

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To make a check for cavitation which mostly occurs in #6 or 8. When parking for the nite Try to get the #8 to BDC, pull the glow plugs on those two cylinders, in the morning, crank it over and see if any coolant comes out the GP holes. If a small amount of coolant gets in any cylinder, cranking will tend to lock up the rotation. A small amount can be pushed back into the precup, but will cause a knock like.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all likelyjood as experienced by @IDIoit the plate behind wp in front of timing gears is the likely culprit of your dilemna

JM7.3CW Eh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes