My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was on my 1310 dump truck when I got it. I just put the borgeson on the other end BC the power steering box has a different size input shaft then the manual. The top end slides. I think its actually from a PTO. The joint is about that size and has a grease fitting. I pinned the slider in the middle since the upper end will do the sliding. Had the borgeson joint on the shelf for about four years just waiting for a home!!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's what I thought too when I saw it, PTO shaft yoke. Reason foe asking is my 1-ton's slider joint is seized up hardcore (makes for a rather interesting steering box replacement), so I'm looking for alternatives and your setup looks like a good idea.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pounded the dents out of the old girl today. I guess its time for camo =(

You must be registered for see images

Its all in the details!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy master cylinder and combination valve eh? Aye, I got an eye for them details too. Looks good tho, what's the plan for the hydroboost pressure lines?

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy master cylinder and combination valve eh? Aye, I got an eye for them details too. Looks good tho, what's the plan for the hydroboost pressure lines?

Chevy booster and master from astro van, and reservoir from s10 $30 at the pick apart.
I usually go to the auto store and look at all the power steering hoses and just pick one that looks close enough. I have the tool to make o ring style flares so I can cit them and adapt them however I need to.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have at least 20 model years of Chevy fullsize trucks to choose from, plus the Astros/Safaris. The '80s fullsize run the lines on the outboard side of the master, so that may fit better and save you the work with the die. IIRC the 2000 C3500 I robbed my booster off had the lines on the inboard side of the master, like an idiot I bought a new 2000 line to match it then rebent it 3 times to make it fit how I want it... I run Lincoln Saginaw pump with Econoline discharge fitting, the fitting is identical to that used in the GM vehicles (I measured it out to confirm).

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Donor Truck

Yay Or Nay On This Front Bumper?

Factory Deep DishFord Wheels For My D?

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure look'n good. I'd keep the bumper but spruce it up a bit, maybe tube instead of flat plate and change the design a little bit. It wouldn't look to bad this way though. But then again I'm not known for my bumper building, quite the opposite really.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure look'n good. I'd keep the bumper but spruce it up a bit, maybe tube instead of flat plate and change the design a little bit. It wouldn't look to bad this way though. But then again I'm not known for my bumper building, quite the opposite really.

I like the way you worded that. Lol but
I am really into old wreckers. I hunted down that specific bumper so I wouldn't want to make any changes. Its an original Holmes wrecker bumper

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holmes bumper would look good on a dually truck. On a SRW it will be somewhat out of place methinks, unless of course there's a boom on the back of said truck. And looking at that donor truck I'm once again wondering why I even bothered sprucing up my brick front clip, instead of just swapping it out for a bullnose (and sprucing that up of course)...

By the way, I know how you can give yourself a power steering filter that not only increases your capacity by nearly a quart but also looks almost factory :sly Setup was tested on my own truck first of course.