My Dads been tinkering with buying this

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If its factory stock then its an E4OD auto trans. Take it for a test drive and see if it shifts 4 times... All E4OD trans are a three speed with an internal overdrive.... Most just call them a auto 4 speed. It also has a Gear Vendors switch just under the lite and window warher switch just above your left leg... Thats a $3000.00 if you buy it new now. They are a great towing item too.... You get to split all the forward gears. Can't see what the extra gauges are but... They might be telling you this engine has a turbo... I'm thinking someone bought this to tow something by the tail gate..... At least go look at it... The paint issues are no big deal nor are the chrome wheel simulaters...

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
That truck looks like it's set for towing, has Banks badges on it so I would assume it's turbo charged. The Zebra floor mats threw me for a loop though.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Small world. That dealership is 5 miles from me. Let me know if I can help.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see Banks Turbo badges, guages, and GV badges and controller, I'd lean heavily towards that truck still having both.
I don't see the O/D cancel button, but, I'm not sure where exactly they put them on diesel 87-91's. A C6 is very possible, it was an option until 96.
I wouldn't let 4.10 gears make the decision on buying the truck or not, with overdrive it won't be that bad empty, and you will notice the difference loaded, and in a good way.

DragRag

Reaction score
You want to tow with 3.55? I think you really don't in my opinion. It has over drive by the looks of it, and it could be double overdrive maybe. I would be wanting 4.10 gears in that situation. With all the gauges etc, it likely has a turbo to.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I'll check it out when I can. Though, if it has OD and a gv, I would think 4.10 would be ok.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
The shifter has a bend in it, E4OD. C6 shifters are straight. That definitely has a Gear vendors, and a Banks Turbo by the looks of it. So you're looking at a double-overdrive turbo IDI, Get IT! :)

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its worth some serious scratch to this group, and to any other "right person" those items are worth big bucks by themselves.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What is the asking price for this.... If it really has a Banks wastegated turbo thats around $3200.00 and if it really has a Gear Vendors overdrive thats another $3000.00. These are new costs for these parts and installation is of course extra. A set of 4.10 gears will be great for towing or driving mt. I have a set of 3.55 gears with a GV and an E4OD trans... Stock height tires and I have a final gear ratio in double overdrive of 1.96...:eek::angel: This is what I see at these speeds running mt...

Attachments

• DSC00194.jpg
    DSC00194.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00195.jpg
    DSC00195.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 26

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
WE wont be towing really heavy loads, but with a double OD the ratio doesnt matter.

If its got the banks, I told him to buy it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle