My centrifuge setup

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Well i got my centrifuge setup mostly done and did a test run last night with some WVO. I did this with about 20 gallons in case i had any kind on blowout, it would be a nice biodegradable spill:D. Almost everything worked just like it should! Pumps and centrifuge worked exactly as planned, hit the switch and the centrifuge spins up, adjust the valve to 90psi and listen to the sound of saving money. The HF pump will pump the clean oil through the water block extra filter (just extra) into my truck cleanly also.

i have to say after building my own the price on Pabiodiesels website seems much better. If i had not had most of the stuff (even half the pipe fittings, large rubber lines, motor, pump and filter setup) lying around i probably would have spent the cost of the kit. My only real cost was the centrifuge, HF fuel pump, fittings and the small rubber lines. i will have to try to tally it up later but it was a lot of $20-30 trips the hardware store as it moved along.

I just have a couple of more holes to drill into the top to mount my temp gage and a fill port.

The only trouble i had was i found a pin hole that has a really small drip in my welded piece, some jb weld should fix that up, and my heater took in my opinion a long time to warm the oil. I have a 110v water heater element powered off a cook stove controller. after 2 hrs of heating 20 gal at about 60deg ambient temperature i could only get the oil up to 160 deg. i might have to drop the water heater element since i only have 110v in my garage and get a band heater. I also didn’t really like the look of my high pressure hose after it got heated a while, it looked a little strained so i will have to get some fittings and replace it with some hydraulic hose i have. I am within the ratings of the hose but would like some added safety.

overall though i am really happy and look forward to putting it through its paces.:sly

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good, like to see more guys getting a setup like this for any kind of fuel.
Did you take the CF apart and see if ya got any gunk spun out of the wvo??
I think these small CF's could really make a difference in the "underground" world of diesel fuel usage. Inexpensive, easy to setup, doesn't really need highly specialized equipment to run, and the end product is really pretty good.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It look really good. I'm slowly gathering the stuff to put one together also (using filters now). What are you using for a cf pump?

subway

Reaction score
the pump for the CF is a honda power steering pump a friend gave to me for helping him out (emddriver, Gary). i have been running oil mixes for 4-5 years now but with just a goldenrod and a house water filter. as you can see i re-used the goldenrod setup in the output fill hose. i just steped it up to a CF to up my output and improve on it. i am planning on using a cut down drum so i can take the system in the bed of my truck on long trips.

i did notice after about 10 mins of running there was some silt and pieces in the system, cleaned it up and let it run for 2 hrs. after that was up it had about the same amount of "stuff" in there. now this is just WVO that has been pre-filtered through some jeans and settled so i was not expecting a whole lot. i figured the initial stuff was probubly just leftover dirt inside piping that was getting flushed out. i am looking forward to getting some WMO in t after i get my tiny leak fixed.

next up, finish my super sucker.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using a golden rod and 2 house filters now with a well pump and it works well enough but changing the filters and dewatering can be a pain. I am working with wmo and had hoped this winter to pump the oil off a big block of ice, but it never got cold enough for that. I have some 275 gal cubes that I use. One for settling and prefiltering, it's the one with the water in it. I then pump the top wmo to the cube that I fill and filter from. I may have to sort something out for heating though.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far none, I have had oil in them for about a year. They had glycerin and fertilizer in them before I got them. A lot of farmers and trucking out fits use them for there wmo.

subway

Reaction score
I'm using a golden rod and 2 house filters now with a well pump and it works well enough but changing the filters and dewatering can be a pain. I am working with wmo and had hoped this winter to pump the oil off a big block of ice, but it never got cold enough for that. I have some 275 gal cubes that I use. One for settling and prefiltering, it's the one with the water in it. I then pump the top wmo to the cube that I fill and filter from. I may have to sort something out for heating though.

That sounds almost exactly what I was running for years. I only had one house filter though, it worked well for a while I am just taking it up a notch. Now I can fill like a service station.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7