My Big Blue Ox build....

stuborn nut

Reaction score
I got a auto out of a 93 4x4 if you need. Don't know what shape it is in but it worked good enough to crash the rig. And I'm headed to northern Idaho in about 3 weeks.

stuborn nut

Reaction score
I'll be around St. Maries for a week but should make it up to Sandpoint sometime. The price is? I just pulled it because it seemed like something to not crush. I saved most of the small parts with it drive shafts and such. I guess the price is what you think it's worth, to me it is just a core.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be around St. Maries for a week but should make it up to Sandpoint sometime. The price is? I just pulled it because it seemed like something to not crush. I saved most of the small parts with it drive shafts and such. I guess the price is what you think it's worth, to me it is just a core.

Thanks for the call and the offer.

Well boys looking more like ZF goin in..starting strip hydro boost n std pedal ass from bronco...will grab clutch plate too and do firewall while at pedal swap.

Stereo is in...non stock harness non here to rob sadly.

Still need decide on some power feeding inside cabin for some fun stuff...

60 closer but not quite ready for install.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So today was the day...with the current work around here I got the remanned 7.3 from the 92 f250 4x into my shop. Here we have the engine blocked a d strapped to a pallet a d Brian doing his thing..
You must be registered for see images attach

Damn meszy yard no room to move so up she goes! THANKS to Brians smooth control and 4 straps and blocks it was stable!

Ahhhh

Oops ztupid low door 7 feet high 16feet wide lol

Hmm clming inside

The EAGLE IDI has landed....

Well now I need to get that damn mess cleaned up and the engine up on a stand ASAP.... i want to tear it down for inspection and studding etc.

By the way...this engine really CACKLED when it ran...it was loud a d responsive...i cant wait to play!!!

More to come thanks for looking....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet

looks like were at the same spot.
dare i challenge you to a race?
(slaps ya with a single glove)

end of the month for me.... wont beable to get on it till thursday

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a few minutes to look closer and this be me now...

Why might I be grinning you ask....

How about some NON STOCK #'s stamped by my serial no.

Hmmm add onto that...black heads on a grey block....hmmm

Or these non stock core plugs???

These next 2 installed by a monkey???

This one was THE reason this engine got pulled...ya badly mashed in..hmph

All of thes points are indicators this engine is remanned as I was told.....now the wait till it is on a stand and stripped down..

Thanks for looking

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice Garden of Inspiration going on there Al.
As for freeze plugs.. Those are not the usual factory installed plugs. Because you have the proper freeze plug install tool I suggest removing all 7 of those and installing factory oem plugs. Nothing else comes close to working. Both Ford and international sell a set of 7 in a bag. I have seen a set on 6.9 engine parts listed on ebay for a long time. The cup type plug you have in the block heater location is the normal thing most re builders do these days. I do not understand why they don't leave it open and allow us to install a block heater.
That really does appear to be a re manufactured engine. I'm thinking it has a cork oil pan gasket too by the leaks starting up. I also noticed some recently stamped numbers in the edge of the drivers side head.
Now a neat thing found on the front and back of both heads. See that small allen bolt in the heads. Open that up and you have a drain back for any remote oil filter or air pump that requires oil feed from the engine. You ask where can I get an oil supply???/ WEll looks behind the oil cooler bundle. See those 2 tiny 1/8 inch pipe plugs. Well those are from the engine main oil gallery.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gqry for that info

It will be on a stand soon enough...debating how far down to tear....have a turbo oil cooler so it is going on az are some other parts in prep for turbo.

So called Ferd dealer my front spring eye bolts are in decided to do spring eye bolts once and for all...

Here is press fram in all its glory....makes short work of the bolt

Here I need to work the bolt back into eye...

Now back the other way

From here I tapped bolt back and forth and turned it to help belreak down rust in eye. Kept nuking it with liquid wrench too to soften the rust.

Here after hammering it out turn hammer turn hammer I have the bolt out.

Wow rusted in....oh well clean the bushing eye and greae the sleeve and install new bolts...which I have from ferd.

Here is the pass side...undid nut and unit near spat the bolt out it was nice and loose.

Wow close up nice shape

This wraps up removal of bolts. New bolts are here and two more coming.

This will allow me to roll the 60 in place and bolt in a complete assembly. Once thats done I can work on the rear to get that rear gear ratio matched and add 4" factory blocks to make same as 1 ton

So far so good I cant wait to have this wrapped up and under the truck.

The 60 I am rebuilding will go in later with new u bolts and so forth.

Thanks for looking.

Al

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice press for tight areas Al. Maybe some anti seize on the bolts when it goes together might help the next guy doing this.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bushings are 7.5-8 / 10...ok for NOW. I will be for sure doping them and the bolts with some MARINE GRADE antiseize.

500 bucks later I could have brand new multileaf fronts with new bushings...4" lift so no sense getting wound up about these bushings in these springs yet.

4" lift is right about perfect for those XL's I got. Speaking of those must get a 3/4" & 3/8" square bottom maybe round...blades and tips for my grooving iron to regroove those bad boys...

Damn next is some bloody body bolts to remove in bronco and while in there...pop out the pedals and hydroboost.....soon really soon.

Since swapping steering boxes from this truck to the one attached to the 60 may as well work in pedals and hydro at same time eh????

Thanks guys again for looking

Al

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh..the joys....found me my "Stock" custom still in the works stress releived deburred and prepped for powder coat ex manifolds while cleaning my shop.

Located a whole pile of stuff too...good STUFF...going to be all kinds of fun comimg up oooo aaaa...hmm.

Think before tear engine down seal it off and deburr block...yaha...

Boy am having a blast with all this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online