My 99 7.3 will not turn over, what am I missing?

Reaction score
I picked up a 99 F350 that had been parked for years. I repaired, cleaned and replaced the entire fuel system. Not to mention all the other stuff like a new starter and batteries. After all that I drove the truck 30 miles home with no issues. Then it sat in front of my shop for a few months while I decided what to do with it. It started right up and I drove it home to give it a good cleaning. It has been sitting in the driveway for about a month and will not start now. At first it dragged like it had a dead battery. Now it will not even do that. I have replaced the starter (again), solenoid cleaned the battery terminals, checked the batteries, and checked and cleaned all the grounds. It mimics a bad ground because all it will do is click one time. I have been dealing with this for over a week now. What am I missing?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you try jumping it from the solenoid?
I had to replace the steering column switch box on mine.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just one click and it quits, is likely losing connection. Or the starter is stuck. Hit it with a hammer.
Use some jumper cables to go from battery ground to engine block.
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Holy crap, I did not even think to try that. Thanks, I will give that a shot when I get home.

Any idea what size the bolt is on the balancer?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The IDI uses a 15/16...... so that's my first guess..... I honestly don't know..... I have and IDI and then jump to a 6.0 PSD..... Only driven a 7.3PSD a couple of times.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86