My 2007 Ford F-250 Build Thread

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@94turbocrewcab-lb well i have put over 15K miles on my truck in 11 almost 12 months, i had no history on the truck and all i have done with it is maintenance and i run it on the lowest tune.

on my 91 the engine was strong and i did glowplugs and 2 caps and o rings on it when i got it. it was ok but it was always dumb **** that would break and then it would usually be down for a week at a time when i was waiting for the part to come in.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 237k miles on my 2006 6.0L. Still running strong, but it requires more maintenance and good troubleshooting skills (and no cheap parts). In addition to owning one, I also work on them.

15k miles is a good start, but at that annual mileage, report back in 6-7 years and tell us how it has gone.

Last edited:

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been a bit....

got a damaged packaging discounted roll up tonneau cover over the summer and i drove the truck down to the eastern shore of maryland over the summer no problems also did new door speakers and i have a new head unit i need to install still.

truck needs rust repair, thank you PENNDOT for the road salt, and the price of diesel is way up (FJB) so it was not practical to daily the truck any more so i got a 98 toyota camry in October. it costs $55-$60 to fill the camry and its about $155 to fill the truck and tank of gas in the camry lasts 2 weeks, i only drive the truck when i need to now. im going to try to keep the truck out of the salt and i will be getting rust repair done in the spring. problem is the camry is so nice (only one small spot of rust) that i feel bad that it is getting all salty.