My 1994 F-350 4x4 CC TD

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most decent parts stores have quality interior paint. The gray is such that any number of gray tones would blend nicely with the interior. The spray paint is interior specific and has solvents that melt the top coat of plastic to really bond to it.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gray front door panels out of a 89, and have sprayed the original rear red door panels to match the front. I tried 3 different brands of vinyl spray paint out, and every one of them comes out considerably lighter than the cap on the paint suggests. I've had to spray them 3 different times because the vinyl spray paint doesn't stick very well if the plastic is chaulky/ sun damaged. You have to sand it down pretty good to get it to stick.
All the rest of my interior panels were red and in good shape, I painted them all black with the Dupli-color vinyl/plastic paint over a year and a half ago, and it's holding up great.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the new all aluminum radiator and hoses installed.
You must be registered for see images attach

In regards to another thread on OB I dug out the original window sticker...34k in 1994

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only ever seen 2 blue crewcabs. Mine and one ther

I can think of two CC's with blue. A 94 and 95 I believe. Mine has red. Didn't the shades of red, grey, blue, and tan change a few times from 92-97? Maybe the F150's and Broncos were different. When you go to look for replacement interior pieces there are multiple colors to choose from. Seems like it wound be hard to make sure you get the right match.

Nice Pickup. Gotta love a white CC long box. Almost just like mine. I really like the 40/20/40 seats. My 95 F150 had those. Kinda wish my 94 had them.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished a 900 mile 100 gallon of fuel trip to Southern UT. We had the 4 of us loaded in the cab with fall three fuel tanks full, and all of our gear and food loaded in the bed for 4 days. The 4Runners were also crammed with off-road support stuff.
The Ford once again came through while tugging this trailer:

It stopped it with careful planning since the trailer brakes decided to quit working.
The new aluminum radiator worked great and while ambient temps were in the upper 40's the needle never made it past the R. The trans temp never exceeded 180*. I attribute the cool running to the new rad, new water pump and fresh coolant. EGT is the only limiting factor for me keeping up with the Cummins. 1200* shows up in a hurry with that load.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Good to hear the radiator worked out good. How was the wheeling' down there? I've been meaning to go one of these years :D

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheeling was OK...:D

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order from tooldiscounter.com for a ferret timing adapter, I can't wait to get the Truck timed properly. I have emissions due next month, hopefully this will help clear up the smoke for the opacity test.

Are there any suggestions for a compatible timing light? I thought I read a post regarding a good Craftsman light.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I updated the first page with current additions to the Truck.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recieved my Ferret 765 pulse timing adapter and timing light in the mail. I checked the timing for fun this morning and found it set at 7* PBTDC. I was pretty proud of myself because we timed it by ear...it took many, many tries over several months but we got it dang close. I am going to shoot for 9* and see what kind of results I get. I'm mostly hoping to pass emissions easier than last year.

The mark on the damper was showing 7* at idle as well as at 2000rpm...is this strange? I thought we timed at 2k to eliminate the IP's timing advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7