Radiators-1994 7.3 IDIT E40D

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's working well. We are in the low 20's here and I have 75% of the radiator covered and I can get the fan to turn on while giving it to her on the freeway. Later this month I will be loading it up with the goose and 2 Toyota's.
I wish I had flushed the radiator with clean water prior to install, I have noted many aluminum shavings floating around in the coolant.

Fit was right on and all hose fittings worked as well. The real test will come later on.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how these compare to a champion rad? I do like the fact that they have a warranty that could be served at any autozone....but the champions are $80 cheaper??

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's working well. We are in the low 20's here and I have 75% of the radiator covered and I can get the fan to turn on while giving it to her on the freeway. Later this month I will be loading it up with the goose and 2 Toyota's.
I wish I had flushed the radiator with clean water prior to install, I have noted many aluminum shavings floating around in the coolant.

Fit was right on and all hose fittings worked as well. The real test will come later on.

Might be a good time to think about installing a coolant filter......

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, I'm changing the WP this weekend. A filter is definetly in the works.

I was gonna say that you'll probably find the aluminum shavings someplace in your coolant system, looks like it got your water pump.

Just my .02 worth, but if you can get a genuine Ford/Motorcraft waterpump, I would suggest paying a little more for it as the replacements are definitely lesser quality IMHO.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I finally sourced a genuine Ford Motorcraft water pump. The pn is PW-454 or XU2Z-8501-EA
The water pump is original with 125k on it. It had been chirping for a few months before coolant was observed from the weep hole.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Advance. I don't really work my truck, but I do take it on long trips, and it's doing the trick for me the past year.