My 1994 F-350 4x4 CC TD

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 94 exploder has the heater valve. However I also carry a brass 90 in the glove box. Seems like every 2 years the valve will start leaking really bad around the shaft that comes out and connects to the vacuum diaphragm. You get weird looks when you pull up to the walmart garden center and take there hose to fill up the radiator after pulling the valve out in the parking lot.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New pics, swapped the bed.

If you recall from page 1 we had a tire blow out before a Moab trip and it gutted the forward and aft fuel tank fillers, ripped out the wheel well liners and removed the support rods for the bedside body panels and cratered the driver side wheel well. It even tore up the corner seams inside the bed and made a 8" tall goiter inside the box...generally made a mess of a beautiful Truck.

After looking for several months I finally came across a wrecked '97, so we swapped beds...total pain in the ass!

I need to remove the decals and swap the guts of the '97 tailgate into my gate and then re-mount my 5th wheel/goosneck setup.

You must be registered for see images attach

The bed is just resting on the mounts at this point:

Lookin' good:D

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It feels great to have 2 fully functioning filler doors and necks!

The bed was used as a sprinkler/work truck so it has some dings but nothing like my original bed, plus it came lined with Rhino lining.

It also had a aux fuel tank that the guy would NOT part with and as such had accumulated about 20lbs of diesel, dirt, clay and other crap that is still lingering in the bed after spraying it out 2x.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crappy cell pics:

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently added an 88 gallon in bed "L" aux tank with a 15 gpm FillRite pump with filter head and water seperator. I fuel the trucks tanks via the aux tank so I get 2x filtered fuel.

At a conservative 12mpg this gives me a 1488mi range and while towing at a VERY conservative 6mpg it's still 744mi.

124gal of #2 is around 830lbs, plus the pump and L tank... she's hauling around nearly 1k extra weight.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he threw down that number as a very conservative, ie...probably will get better but plan for the worse type of deal.

Correct, it has had a 34ft GN with 2 Toyota's and all of our spare parts for a week along with 2 quads on it.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another couple pics:

ricsrx

Reaction score
This pic was of SLC97SR5's truck back in 1996, with the 5ver full of toys and the buggy trailer on the back it got 6-8 MPG