My 1994 F-350 4x4 CC TD

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you can use the intercooler with those kind of boost numbers. I'd be scared to break something with 17 psi even with that factory turbo engine. On my 86 6.9 I'd be scared at anything over around 10 but then she is old and has reused head bolts. 15 psi is probably okay on a factory turbo 7.3 but without the IC you aren't gaining much additional power beyond 13 psi.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IC install pics

The piping still needs to be done but the IC is installed

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
RABS is on the inside of drivers framerail. It takes the place of the proportioning valve and has an electrical connection. When the ring gear sensor detects a lock up, the RABS valve over rides your foot and eases up on the rear brakes to alleiviate the lock up. I have replaced this on two trucks. Usually the abs light is on and the pedal falls to the floor despite bleeding and no broken lines in the system. First time I mistook it for a bad master cyllinder. The factory book has a way to troubleshoot this via the computer, I don't remember how. I can scan and post it if needed

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to threadjack but I have a very soft pedal. This seems strange to me but when I'm going down hill I have LOTS of pedal...thankfully. This make sense to be the RABS? I have no ABS ligh on though.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's this all about?

During normal warm weather operation, with the HVAC temperature control dial placed in the COOL (Blue) zone, and the selector dial placed in VENT, there is still hot coolant circulating through the heater core.

This causes the VENT air to be warmed and does not feel nearly as cool and the actual ambient air. This caused us to run the A/C and adjust the temperature dial to maintain a comfortable cabin.

The valve simply blocks the flow of coolant to the heater core during the warmer months making the A/C that much more effective.

Other guys have done this using ball valves, this is just a cleaner way. I'll take a picture sometime.

what is this valve? I have a similar problem[/QUOTE]

Goose is right on, in fact we mistook it for a failed MC. The valves can be disassembled and cleaned as well as replaced.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping when I investigate/repair/replace I don't wreck the lines as they are rusted.

Before you do anything, begin spraying them down with LPS 2, WD-40, PB Blaster, Kroil, Mouse Milk, Tabasco, 3in1...anything.

I have successfully removed 25+ year old brake components after soaking them for a few days, and yes the Tabasco really does work.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You will get over the broken lines. Get a double flaring tool kit and a bending tool. I buy brake line by the 25' roll and stock up on the fittings including a few couplings for quick patches. Its faster, less frustrating, and safer to just replace the lines. Brakes and steering are the two areas I do not skimp on.

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
During normal warm weather operation, with the HVAC temperature control dial placed in the COOL (Blue) zone, and the selector dial placed in VENT, there is still hot coolant circulating through the heater core.

This causes the VENT air to be warmed and does not feel nearly as cool and the actual ambient air. This caused us to run the A/C and adjust the temperature dial to maintain a comfortable cabin.

The valve simply blocks the flow of coolant to the heater core during the warmer months making the A/C that much more effective.

Other guys have done this using ball valves, this is just a cleaner way. I'll take a picture sometime.

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score

1st off you suck for having a killer white CC that is way nicer then mine LOL White is my favorite color on trucks. 2nd...I wanna see these pics./discription. This sounds like a nice mod!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online