My 1994 F-350 4x4 CC TD

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Lets hear about the nunber and performance differences also. An intercooler seems to be an important step in taking you to the next level of performance potential. If you can document the piping it would make a great tech thread for others to reference. Heater core bypass warrants a tech thread as well in my eyes. You can learn stuff everywhere you go on this web site, we could make it easier to find and use this info with a few more tech articles. Good luck with a killer truck.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how are you getting 18 psi of boost out of an IDI without lifting the heads?:dunno

Honestly...no idea. The Truck has been setup like this for years and has never had a problem, sure hope it stays that way. ;Sweet

I will be adjusting the wastegate to dump boost a little quicker, somewhere around 12-13psi.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
When the intercooler is hooked up those boost numbers should drop low enough. Nice truck.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some engine, interior and heater core bypass pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

Bypass valve:

The screw is just a plug for the vacuum line that in the summer time connects to the valve to restrict the flow. During the winter the valve is open to the heater core and the vacuum line is disconnected.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I guess you could source vaccuum under the dash and make a vaccuum switch for an operation that doesn't require raising the hood.:dunno Gonna have to do this to my truck.:sly

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where would one find that valve...I\m gonna have to try this out!

The valve was found at a plumbing surplus store...nothing special. I've heard that the Ford Rangers have a very similar water valve.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you could source vaccuum under the dash and make a vaccuum switch for an operation that doesn't require raising the hood.:dunno Gonna have to do this to my truck.:sly

Originally that was the plan but other stuff took priority, I can handle popping the hood every 6 months to hook up the line.:D

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those seats original? I also see you have pwr rear windows...

Virtually EVERYTHING on the truck is original. Yup, factory power windows all the way around and a rear slider.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I thought "92 was the 1st year for rear power. Another thing to do to my truck, stop reminding me!!!!:backoff The list never ends. Anybody have a console like that they wanna sell?:love:

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, thats funny I just re-checked this thread to see if he had rear power windows and you guys are talking about it now. So annoying. Can you show some pics of the rear slider at all??

(my truck is a 92)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online