My 1994 F-350 4x4 CC TD

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
285s are only 32.8inches new.. were as a 235 is 31.7 when new. I saw more revs on the freeway with 255 85 than 285 75.

Im really interested in going to going to 17s. They make a 285 75 17 that is a 128 load range which equals 3950 per tire. And its 33.8 so its likely a true 33 when loaded

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm costco has problems then. 265s will mount just fine and are so close to the original size. A tiny bit shorter but obviously wider

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Correct. :)
See post #136. It is a width issue, not a height issue.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I took a coolant sample today to see it's condition before heading into winter. The coolant is healthy and the pH remains unchanged, this is what I have been most concerned about since adding the aluminum radiator.

I am using regular NAPA low silicate green coolant with the FW-16/VC8 Ford additive and distilled water.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Man that is a clean truck! Mine doesnt look so hot anymore, it is amazing what about 4 years of random use and not washing can do.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous! I love the backgrounds of your pictures. I can't imagine living where there is so much space!!

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was years before the different Moose models.

It is the 90cc, equivalent to the Bull Moose...I think.

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Did you try the Baby Moose first or just install the Bull from the beginning?If you have a stock truck what was the advantage to use Bull instead of semi stock Baby Moose IP with the BB's??

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck received new skins yesterday. My other tires only had 15k on them but were recalled due to a manufacturing defect. I really, really liked the Toyo HT's. They were quiet, stable and had a great load rating (3750lbs). The HT's are back-ordered with no ETA. I have had my bed destroyed once by a thrown tread and was becoming paranoid so I had them replaced with the Toyo Open Country AT II.

These tires are far more aggressive than the HT's but they also carry the same load rating and have a mileage warranty of 50k.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try the Baby Moose first or just install the Bull from the beginning?If you have a stock truck what was the advantage to use Bull instead of semi stock Baby Moose IP with the BB's??

Sorry...missed your post.

I did not try any other offerings, my OEM pump was turned up a few flats so I wanted at a minimum that same amount of fuel. My line of thinking is I would rather have the fuel and not need it opposed to the other way around. I have an intercooler mounted with plans to plumb it one day...-Lame

There is no benefit to overfueling the truck other than leaving room for supporting mods. Remember, your foot is ultimately responsible for how much diesel gets shoved into the engine. I installed a Hypermax SPL to help control smoke at low boost/RPM.

Black dawg

Reaction score
no personal experience with those, but I have not heard a bad thing about the at2. I just about got those recently, but for what I use mine for, the MT works very good.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I installed a new set of front brake pads along with new slider pins and anti-rattle clips.

I used a pair of NAPA Ultra Premium Severe Duty pads. I have not bed the pads in yet but initially they are a bit more aggressive when lightly touching the pedal. Anyone have experience with these?

While I had the wheels removed I cleaned up the backside of the rims from years of accumulated crud. During my research of factory Alcoa wheels I found conflicting information as to their actual width. Well, they are 16x7. I'm not sure why I read they were 6" wide in many threads.

I slapped some fresh paint on the hubs and sucked out all of the old fluid I could get in the MC reservoir. I will bleed the brakes soon to flush some fresh juice through them and double check the rears for correct adjustment.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I was going through brake pads at 10-15k, until I used those. Not sure how many are on them now, atleast 30k, and they are about 75% I have found keeping those sliders slicked up helps with pad life also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online