Current pic, she needs a wax:

You must be registered for see images attach

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck.

Did you ever get that I/C plumbed? ;Poke

Thanks!

I wish. It hasn't been a priority but what is really holding me back is that I want to utilize the stock air box. I think it is too cool of a piece to throw it out and that really limits my options.

Keep poking, I need the motivation. ;Sweet

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RotBox reminded me that I never really documented the Hypermax Smoke Puff Limiter install or impressions.I'll throw that up shortly.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Thanks!

I wish. It hasn't been a priority but what is really holding me back is that I want to utilize the stock air box. I think it is too cool of a piece to throw it out and that really limits my options.

Keep poking, I need the motivation. ;Sweet

I'm pretty sure you can use the stock air box. My uncle's 94 had an intercooler and was running the stock air box.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No reason you can't use the stock air box. I have the stock air box from my ATS turbo (Identical to the Ford box) and intercooler on my old truck.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scouting for places to shoot...

You must be registered for see images attach

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I did not intend on using the Toyo tires for dirt duty other than pulling trailers into dirt lots, they did very well even at 65psi.

Earlier this month I passed emissions testing in one shot! I still need to post up about the Smoke Puff Limiter.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Hows it ride with a top heay load? Those tires look squeezed on the rims

Although I did not intend on using the Toyo tires for dirt duty other than pulling trailers into dirt lots, they did very well even at 65psi.

Earlier this month I passed emissions testing in one shot! I still need to post up about the Smoke Puff Limiter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from a load to the dump the most top heavy load I've had is probably the goose neck trailer...I dont consider that top heavy...not like a cabover camper. Either way they fit good and have an excellent load rating.

When I first had them mounted they seemed squishy and a bit squirrley, I'm assuming because of the tall tread blocks and deep sipes. After 1k miles they calmed down and all has been good.

A few pages back I have some comparisons to the old tires and some links to reviews.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Thats good. Ive run 285s without issue but my mind keeps telling me all the tire manufacturers require a 7.5inch minimum width

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. That is why Costco wouldn't mount up a set of 285 Michelin's. In fact they would not even mount up the 265's I originally had on there. 235's only.

I think the 285's are a great size for the 4.10 geared trucks as they give some additional run out and require no modifications to fit.

Most of the Super Duty's out here are running 285's on factory rims.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Ummm costco has problems then. 265s will mount just fine and are so close to the original size. A tiny bit shorter but obviously wider