Mud Flaps (Don't hit me!)

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
So I've decided to put mud flaps on my truck. Saw some neat international logo ones on a site, but out of stock and I suspect too big (24X30 is the reported size) So how do I mount em? Searched, not much. Found a old thread with no replies from 4 years ago. I did see a old mans truck once (carpeted in the back, etc etc) and it had mud flap hangers, but I didn't pay close attention to the mounts and it was just some random metal pipe just bolted onto the truck. Which is better? Spring loaded or not? (I assume spring loaded lasts longer due to road bumps/all that stuff?)

I assume drilling into the frame rail is the stupidest thing you can do? so obviously mounting it has to be done with care. Tips? At least i'm not asking rolling coal directions! (hence don't hit me)

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
If you're going for the authentic Olde Mans Truck look you can bolt them straight to your bumper. But then you'd be committed to putting reflectors on them, then conspicuous tape on your running boards, extra lights on the top of your tailgate, and driving a max speed of 45mph in a 70 zone AND driving for miles with your left turn signal on.

Don't forget pics! ;Sweet

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going for the authentic Olde Mans Truck look you can bolt them straight to your bumper. But then you'd be committed to putting reflectors on them, then conspicuous tape on your running boards, extra lights on the top of your tailgate, and driving a max speed of 45mph in a 70 zone AND driving for miles with your left turn signal on.

Don't forget pics! ;Sweet
Remind me to remove mud flaps this weekend.

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aww c'mon ..really ? I'd love to have mud flaps on mine, but I was looking at how to mount , and ran into the same question. One things for sure. No way I'm gonna put them on my bumper. The best way I thought of was , a piece of 1" angle, a couple of feet long , notch it and bend a 90° on one end . Then weld the corners , and bolt to the frame .

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remind me to remove mud flaps this weekend.

Geez I'm gonna do the same thing.:dunno
Mine are mounted on the bumper.(old man style):eek:
So does that mean if I put some stacks on, I have to take the flaps off. Too much of a conflict....?????cookoo
:D:D

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno man . Sounds like a wucker truck ....you know...a wanna be trucker ? Just kidding haha

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Here are mine. In this pic they are dragging a bit just because of the snow/ice under them where it is currently parked, but they typically sit about 2 inches off the ground. They are bolted to a piece of 1.5'' angle, bent at a 90 and bolted to the frame.

I like mud flaps on everything not just because they look neat (in my opinion) but with all the sand and gravel on the roads, I feel like its the least I can do to save windsheilds. I wish more folks would wear them to help protect my glass also....

Attachments

• DSC02533.jpg
    DSC02533.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 226

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

How I did mine on my dually

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Mud flaps in Las Vegas? I guess you really want "the look."

There is a lot of road debris and other stuff on the roads here. Even down the I-15 to california.

As for driving like a old man, i've actually rigged up my turn signals to flash both when I need to turn. Want to know which way i'm turning? That's for you to figure out. I also have a 32' foot box trailer that I regularly haul single pieces of fruit and a pair of tube socks back to the vendor in it (only one at a time, can't over load the axles mind you) cause they don't make em like they used to. I also find the middle of the road taking up a couple lanes the most comfortable to drive. No one has worn grooves in the road, and no funny bumps to inflame my butt arthritis. It's a delicate balancing act you see? I start my turns 20 miles back at 5 miles a hour. 3 miles/hour if I feel the traffic around me is out to get me.. If a kid on a tricycle goes by me, this affects my handling due to the wind draft and I must stop and painstakingly recalculate what I am trying to accomplish. This I turn my head lights on for. Frank sinatra at this point appears next to me, advising on the fruitless ethics of kids nowadays, and how he didn't need a tricycle to feel fulfilled. A string and rock on the end provided hours of fun.... Now where was I, oh shoot... My letter to the editor is still not complete. Who is honking behind me? Why can't people have respect! You are all nuts. Get off my asphalt lawn! :mad: :backoff

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
They always look better on a drw truck

How I did mine on my dually

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads