Motor mount problems

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
Hi, I have a terrible vibration in reverse, when braking, going downhill, and turning left. I have replaced the drivers side, but am struggling to get passenger side in. Any tips on my problem, or how to get that mount changed. It has a sidewinder on it also.I didn't have downpipe disconnected first try, so am gonna disconnect it tonite and try again. Would it be best to keep other side loose so motor could completely move, or tighten up drivers side so the engine can pivot up. Thanks guys, Steve

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd leave the other side loose so it just hangs there that way you can lift and push all you need to get the passenger side in. I don't know if taking the down pipe loose will be needed there should be enough flex in the hangers to get you there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
where are you jacking up the engine from? Try the edge of the oil pan. Not directly under the oil pan as that can dent in the bottom ... You hopefully understand these motor mounts have a left and right side plus... they have a front and back direction. I recall there is an L and R on the mounts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron