motor mount bad?

aiyana7.3

IDI Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waa driving my truck down the highway the other day around 65 to 60 mph and the transfer case shifter start shaking real bad. it also felt like there was vibration under the floor pans. It has been rattling slightly for about a week.

The truck has a new front end and a stabilizer bar so hopefully it isnt the wobble of death... Also, when the fly wheel was replaced 6 months ago the transmission mechanic said one of the motor mounts look bad. does it sound like just a motor mount?

Thanks for the help!

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
They're pretty inexpensive to get, kinda difficult to replace. I just did my two engine mounts. Found mine on ebay.

There are some ways to check them I think but new would be better. Mine weren't really bad but it defintley feels a bit firmer now and less vibration.

I'd say just go ahead and replace them if original. You can get the mounts for about $30 each. Make sure to get OEM, aftermarket ones are apparently notorious for failing early.

Just be careful when jacking up engine. Make sure to put some backup stands under it. Really don't want to find out what it feels like to have an engine fall on your hand.