Motor locked up

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Went to move my truck after sitting a coupe of weeks. Cranked it, it cranked a little slow for a few seconds then nothing. Locked up tight. Open the hood to find water on my air cleaner. I'm guessing water leaked down into the intake and it is now hydro locked. Guess I'm pulling glow plugs tomorrow and cranking it over. Hope for the best.

John

hayisforhorses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not hyjacking( I hope ) but where can you get a new cowl seal as i get water on mt very rusty air cleaner cover too and want to fix it before I have the same troble

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Might still be able to get a cowl seal from Ford. I put a new one in a year or 2 ago when this happened the first time. If it's discontinued, maybe try LMC. I'm now thinking of a metal shield that would over hang over the air cleaner and direct water away from it. Still drawing pics in my head at this point.
John

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
some sort ot small trash can lid or shower cap type thing would shed the water off the ait cleaner...if you have already replaced the cowl seal then i wouldnt trust it or any new one you replace it with.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
LMC has them, I bought one about a month ago, can't remember where from but I started a thread and folks here came up with a few sites. You'll pay around $40.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Hey John,

LMC does have them and their price is $29.95.

Part number is: 41-1514 Hood to cowl seal. Fits 87-96

gandalf

Reaction score
I used, very literally, one of my wife's old shower caps. ;Sweet The elastic had stretched to the point where she was tossing it.

It looks a bit strange, and got a few laughs at the last timing fest at Calvin's BBQ, :rotflmao, but it serves the purpose. On the other hand, I've never had a problem with water leaking in there, but it's nice to be sure.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
If you want I can send you one of my condoms.It should be small enough to fit the Filter housing lid without flying off.......:rolleyes:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Thats good news!

I noticed some rain water on my air cleaner lid today while checking the oil... truck still runs though, I think I may be looking for a shower cap! ;Sweet

My wife has one, perhaps she won't notice if I swipe it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John that's good to hear. I read the title of your post and was praying it wasn't a something more than a mild hydrolock. I've put RTV between the cowl seal and the cowl, so far, so good on keeping water out of the top of the engine.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online