More hpo problems

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Alright so I think the truck made it 4 days this last go around.i was drivin it and I eased into it and noticed it sounded funny so I grabbed my tuner and mashed on it and sure enough it wouldn’t build over 1200 psi wide open. Turned around made it 30 miles home shut it off and it wouldn’t start back.went out and tryed it the next mornin and it fired right off so I headed for the shop and as soon as I pulled outta my driveway she died wouldn’t build much oil pressure I can’t remember how many psi it was but not much.pressure tested it and we could feel air comin outta the passenger side valve cover so we pulled it off and couldn’t feel it anymore.we can’t hear a air leak in this motor at all we’re testing at the ipr.the ipr screen looked fine.were at a loss completely this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You need higher pressure. Run it with the valvecovers off. You'll find the leak.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Is 150 psi not enough? We run a 1 inch impact off of it.i mean I can always pull my 180 psi compressor around to it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
But the system can run up to 3,800 psi fairly easily. You may not see a leak at 100.
Having the engine warm helps a ton.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
But the system can run up to 3,800 psi fairly easily. You may not see a leak at 100.
Having the engine warm helps a ton.

Alright they did hook up our 180psi compressor and couldn’t hear it still.well see if we can get enough exstintion cords ran to it to plug it in.it wasn’t buildin but about 30-50 psi so you would think 180 psi would be enough to hear it but I’ve been wrong.thats why I ask y’all for help

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Pressure tested it with about 200 psi today and the oil filter out and that’s where the air is comin from

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online