Moosestang problem - Torque Converter?

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question, What is a good converter stall speed for these motors. I have been thinking about getting a low stall converter for my N/A 6.9.:dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll pass them along to Suzi. When I ordered my converter I told them 1200 RPM. That seems to be a really good fit. They looked at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears (mostly because racers are always asking for high stall). They said they weren't sure they could get one to go that low, but they did.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont like them making the joints there either, but I will say Dana/spicer is the only U-joint that will last and hold up under severe duty, I wont use any other brand. Glad you got your rig back up and going.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The quality was still very high. I wouldn't have known they were chinese unless it told me. :rolleyes:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Nick wins the prize. The torque converter place had suggested it was a U-joint as well. With the holidays and Suzi's surgery and recovery, I hadn't had a chance to look at it until last night. The ol' "lubed for life" rearmost U-joint was indeed shot. I put three new Motorcraft (Spicer) joints in and it's good as gold again. Amazing how driveline vibrations can seem to come from all over the place. So the Moosestang got almost a 2 month vacation, but now it's back to battling beamers on 202 every day. LOL Sure was glad it was simple and easy.

on edit...
I wanted to mention - I wasn't real happy with what I read on the U-joint package. "Cross made in China. Other parts sourced locally." I know Ford isn't making them, and they just get them from Spicer, but Spicer doing business over there is just as bad. :puke:

had a napa one in my CC wasnt that old, and it went bad.
glad ya got it fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle