Moosestang HIT!

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
Multi taskers is what they think they are. Cellphone in one hand, make-up in the other, eyes on the mirror (applying makeup), CD remote in same hand as make-up, one foot firmly on gas pedal, knee on steering wheel, nothing touching brake. Glad you're okay. I think we can all relate.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Second Adrian's recommendation. Ranch Hand stuff is way overbuilt.

Glad that you are OK.

No accounting for knuckleheads......:backoff

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
You should put a cow catcher on the back that way they will just roll into the ditch....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got a parts list for my replacement bumper from my trusty Ford dealer. Turns out all those vinyl inserts are all replacement parts too, and you can't really swap the old ones over, as they will most likely crack, so for the new bumper and all the goodies that are part of it, the bill is like $680. She squalked when I told her. We'll see what she does next. I told her in my email "I didn't give you a hard time when you hit me, so I hope your not going to give me a hard time now." :shoot:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and you asked where it was at Scott. Swedesford road and Rt. 401.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, she turned it over to her insurance company. The one with the lizard who licks his eyeballs. They want ME to take time off from work to go to one of THEIR facilities so they can look at my truck and give me an estimate. I already gave them the total from the parts invoice. :***: Since when did somebody have to be inconvienenced further from somebody elses negligence. -cuss I'm calling my state representative today. There needs to be some changes to some laws!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a bunch of BS.

Since when did Warren Buffets insurance company become the autobody repair expert to give estimates. That's the body shops job and their adjuster needs to get off its @$$ to come out and look at it. You did no wrong and it is their responsibility and liability to bring your vehicle back to the way it was before the accident.

By law it is YOUR call who does the repairs and the insurance company HAS to honor that even if they don't like the price.

If I were you I would go back to the Ford dealer and have the bodyshop do an estimate for them to do the work because you do NOT have to be the nice guy and fix it yourself.

So gloves off and come out fighting.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOD LUCK

Mel,
I would tell them were the truck will be parked (at your work) and the time it will be there and tell them to send someone out.
Mark my words they will insist on putting a aftermarket (generic)bumper on.
Thats fine untill the chrome starts to come off or rust from the inside out.
I have seen Ins.Co pro rate parts.cookoo
If your bumper has rust or prevous damage on it they will deduct and give you the differance.:hail
Stand your ground.
If you can find a shop that is Direct Repair for the Lizard they might be able to help.
I have worked on cars when they have prorated suspension parts.cookoo

Good Luck
John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this only goes from bad to worse. I was out of the office 2 hours today, traveling to their trailer in the back of a Ford dealer. The lady was nice enough, but in the end she made me wait while she called a bunch of junk yards until she found one with a bumper. What they told her the price was, plus 25% markup is what she is offering me. A whopping $207 for a $600+ bumper. Furthermore, the yard she found it in is like 100 miles from home, and I'd have to GO GET IT in Philadelphia no less. I said "NO Way. Have it shipped to me". "Can't do that" she saids. "get a courier to pick it up and deliver it to me" I tell her. "That would be unreasonable" she says. :***:

And me going to get it is? I swear, anybody who has Gieco insurance, I feel for you. The rates are cheap for a reason. They haven't heard the last of this. -cuss I'm filing a complaint with the state insurance department, and will be discussing the matter with a few other folks. :shoot:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That's total horse crap.
Drive the thing into three dealership body shops and have them write up repair estimates. and let them chew on that, if they don't want to go with your very reasonable request.
You have way too much work in that thing to be putting junk on it and if theyinsist on pushing the issue, you are in the unique position of having this site ( and a couple of others :D to backup your claims of how it is cared for. Heck, you could go nuts and buy a case of paper and start printing off all the posts as evidence if they want to push you into court, no judge in his right mind would deny that your vehicles are given top notch care and should be repaired as such.

Sheesh, if you were driving a new SUV the repair bill would be about 3 grand, they're getting of cheap.

----------Robert

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
you might very well win if you push hard enough but allot of people probubly just give into there steemroller tactics figuring its not worth the trouble.

about a year ago i bought a $1500 tractor and the engine blew within 10 mins (was driving it home) it needed totally rebuilt. i checked around a little, hiring a lawyer with court costs would probubly be as much or more than what i rebuilt it for. he threw 200 my way saying it always ran great for him.-cuss expensive lesson for me.

i wish you luck with this, i am scared it will happen to me where they will give me a payout of a gasser truck leaving me holding the bag on the rest i ow for my fine truck if it ever happens to me.

did you talk to our state rep yet?????

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Turn the heat up as far as you can. :backoff

The insurance company rep will stiff arm you unless you make things uncomfortable for them--simple dollars and cents for them. If PA has small claims court you might consider that as a fall back. You can represent yourself with the facts and the lizard will have to use up some of their legal retainer--they may come around--or not.

The judge is likely to be more sympathetic to you. When the driver gets sued, they are likely to get excited with the lizard folks.

What a pain the the nether reaches for someone running into you!!

Speaking of pain, how is your neck and back?? Might need to go visit the Dr.

Non illegitimus carborundum.........

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Mel WHY are you doing the leg work on this? Isn't YOUR insurance co. suppost to work for you? Make them replace the bumper then let them haggle the deal out with GIECO. That's how my insurance co would handle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online