Moosestang HIT!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, I'm not asking them for a new bumper. Only that I can get one without any hassle. The new bumper is my only remedy for being able to pick one up with the conveinence of a gallon of milk. Any junkyard they find one in will NOT be convienent, so they have to ship it to me, which they said they won't do. Go figure. They have the parts invoice from my Ford dealer. Shouldn't need more than one, since list price is list price from any dealer. Sure, I can get an estimate from a body shop, and maybe I will (haven't seen my buddy Mike at Crouse's since he painted the Moose Tail), but that won't change much.

Yeah, I agree it won't change much $$ wise, but having a second opinion seems to be the answer in many cases. I agree as well, you got hit, it shouldn't be your responsibility to go after anything, including the estimates, but that is the way it is around here, like it or not, I had to play that game as well. I have found that getting to speak to the insurance adjuster, instead of to the person who hit you, is very effective cause the "feelings" are eliminated and you are then dealing with a person that just wants to get this overwith, the same as you! Sounds to me, and I may be way off base, that she is "coaching" the insurance company, which won't bode well for you.

Hopefully it will all get worked out to your satisfaction. And I have great news, I DIDN'T save a penny on my insurance with Geico - I don't use them, but have had to deal with them in the past when a guy pulled out in front of me and I t-boned him! Sucked for me as well as they didn't want to pay much - $600 and I had three quotes over $2500, one was over $3400 from the dealer as they said the first two quote were too high, so I just went to the dealer, who of course quoted new prices. There is a place in Ohio called Midwest fender who used to have a good supply of aftermarket bumpers that were very nice. It is what I ended up using on the previously mentioned repair as it was less money, including shipping, than a used one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle