moose power?

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because that's lame.LOL I have actually talked to people who want to put the 7.3 heui system on a 6.9.cookoo

If you put the injector between the valves, you could correct the angle.

What part of converting a PSD over got misconstrued as HEUI? Converting an IDI to direct injection is basically making it a mechanical PSD. Custom injectors, fab work, parts etc, to change the entire way the engine operates, and puts it outside its design parameters. Also, the injector won't line up between the valves, not enough room. Mechanical PSD is way more feasible, and since you'd prolly use alot of parts designed around the PSD, why not just start with one.

In-direct injected is exactly that, direct injecting one turns it into a mechanical PSD imho. Guess I'm just a purist when it comes to these old mills.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I would think opening the precup port would help if you are turning up the fuel, I think a psd piston would work because the fuel/fire shot out of the precup would deflect off the resessed dome on the piston and move around the cumbustion area at the top. thoughts?

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part of converting a PSD over got misconstrued as HEUI? Converting an IDI to direct injection is basically making it a mechanical PSD. Custom injectors, fab work, parts etc, to change the entire way the engine operates, and puts it outside its design parameters. Also, the injector won't line up between the valves, not enough room. Mechanical PSD is way more feasible, and since you'd prolly use alot of parts designed around the PSD, why not just start with one.

In-direct injected is exactly that, direct injecting one turns it into a mechanical PSD imho. Guess I'm just a purist when it comes to these old mills.

My point was just that there are crazier people than me.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I don't want to modify the stock head. I want to start from scratch, you can make room for the injector. 3208 injectors are a lot slimmer than idi's.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Look at the pic. If you think that moving the stuff around will make that big of a difference, you may be missing something. In the event you can see it, the only thing that appears to be a better idea would be more of a spray atomization (someone PLEASE build some tips that do that).

Having a different injector in the head STILL has to go throught the precup. You can not get rid of that (in theory). I can go into how to do it, but again, that is in theory.

SWS

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the problem with these motors is getting them to hold together at those higher horsepower levels. Using a Super Moose and the Moose injectors will get you enough fuel to the motor. Its just getting the motor to hold at the higher boost levels. If you convert it to DI my thought is that you will still run into these problems. :dunno

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The bottom end on these IDI's is pretty bullet proof. Someone needs to post a link to the article with the 9 second IDI. Bottom end should hold the power no problem.

Remember 21.5:1 compression ratio requires a stout bottom end.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I think you are overthinking "Bottom End". Remember, they used rubber freeze plugs because the block was twisting. So even with the bottom end that strong, there is still a weak point.

Went and checked over at powderstoke nation...man...that place is full of jerks. I understand the point of having an opinion, but the "lets go past that and just start making fun of people" attitude from people who may not even be able to change their own injectors is pretty hard to swallow for someone on the outside looking in. Jesus would not want it that way and I am choosing to stay away.

SWS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I never venture from this site.... I'm not interested in other sites at this point....

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never venture from this site.... I'm not interested in other sites at this point....

x2 on that

Wasn't that engine that had rubber freeze plugs making over 1000hp? I don't think making 400hp will kill these things, I mean, a stock 351 windsor can handle 500hp for hell sakes!

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far i like this site. it has a very FTE feel to it. :)

so would i loose bottom end torque if i open up the precup for more fuel?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
That's what I meant. Honesty if your trying for some
crazy numbers you might as well chose a platform that's sucedded in that area. I'm sure these bottom ends will handle 400hp fairly easily.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ya, I think that's the one. Is there any definitive proof of this build? I've heard stories, but all the figures seem to be off. I mean, it can't be making both 1200hp and 2000tq at 6000rpm. At 147lbs of boost at 6000 rpm even at iats or 300 degrees, it should be flowing enough air for around 3000hp, so if it only makes 1200 hp that's pretty gay. The only figure that seems right is 1200hp for 4500lbs ~ 9.something quarter mile.