Moose Fleet 2010 IDI Weekend Rally Review with pictures! Part 5

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to wrap up this review of the 2010 IDI Weekend so I can concentrate on finding a campground for next year. LOL

So after railfanning in Rochelle on Wednesday, we were all sitting around the campfire while the kids had their last fun together up in the swimming hole. All week long, a couple trains a night would pass our campground, but with the darn speed ****'s they had (yes, the had an actual "police" force with flashing lights on a golf cart that would run you down and "cite" you) there was never a chance to beat a train out to the grade crossing. Now that the place was mostly deserted, we had a clear path to the tracks across a half dozen camp sites, so it was Ron who suddenly sprang from his chair at the hint of a Leslie S-3 sounding in the distance that brought my attention to the fact that it was still daylight enough, and that we were about to be visited by the nightly Chrysler train on our last evening there. I followed suit and sprinted across the campground with my only available ammo... my Blackberry. As I ran I dialed up the camera function, while looking at Ron attempting to do the same some 15 yards away as we made parrallel paths towards the wooden fence seperating us from the tranquility of the campground and hi testosterone filled mechanized joy. Obviously my 40 years of experience taking train pictures gave me the edge, as I saw Ron's camera bounce off the ground and I knew that it would have to be me or nobody that gets it.

You must be registered for see images

To the victor go the spoils as they say.... LOL

On the way back to my site, I happened to look and realized that the kids were swimming in a cemetary. ;Really

I've heard of pet cemetary, but isn't this a little rediculous? I can only imagine they were all shot, caught speeding. :rolleyes:

I kept watching for that hand to come up like near the end of "Deliverance".

THERE IT IS! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Did you see it? Hmm... maybe you weren't looking in the right spot. cookoo

Meanwhile... back at the campsite, the horn sounds for round two....

It was dark. But I got it. I got it. Where's YOUR picture? RON?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So to recap....

Timing clinics.....

IDI induced gysers...

Friends and good times....

Meet new people....

Family oriented motor sports....

Technical discussions and knowledge exchange....

Conversions and non-stock stuff!....

Product Demo's.....

Lots of fireside chat.....

Fireworks and celebrating our nations birthday....

Scenic tours....

and I think Mrs. Moose said it best with this wonderful SMILEBOX PRESENTATION. Remember, you can click the little pictures during the presentation to make them bigger.

MAKE PLANS TO COME TO PENNSYLVANIA IN 2011 FOR THE NEXT IDI WEEKEND WHERE WE DO ALL THIS KIND OF FUN STUFF ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!! I now have a whole year to lay down plans for the 10 year rally. Let this be what clears my head and allows me to put myself back together. I missed a great time as I can plainly see. The pics, stories and Youtube clips are nice to see. Thanks again everyone for sharing your tales.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yeah I got yer picture. Great recap!;Sweet
Nice moves for an old guy though. At least I now know my work camera can spin tumbling across the ground for 30 feet and still work.LOL

Can't wait till next years meet. Maybe I'll get that intercooler installed now.;Really

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man each year I wish I can go and you're not making it easy for me mel!LOL

Seriously, thanks for the recap. Allows folks like me to participate in some small way.

Lady_Dsl_Shine

Reaction score
Pics

Thanks for all the great pictures Agnes and the recap of events!

This year was my family's 6th rally in a row. Sorry we missed the first ones!! We've also ventured to a few weekend mini rallys. From Michigan each year we travelled to Ohio, Tennessee, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and this year to Illinois--in that order. The 1st year our kids were 9 and 4 and they wondered what we were going to do. Now, at 15 and 10 they say, where are we going next year, and I can't wait! Each rally has been unique. The trucks, great friends, campfires, swimming, kids having fun, great friends, smores, potlucks, games, and great friends. Did I mention great friends yet? It's a great time! Yes, it is! ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online