Moose boost action!!!!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Basically think of it as that charge of air bouncing back from the engine, trying to turn the turbo the other direction.
It can bend/twist/snap the shaft.
Not a easy way around it, unless you want to run a wastegate or even a BOV.
Probably take closer to 30 psi boost numbers before seeing any trouble. But you never know. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jcdillin

Reaction score
I had convinced myself that I didn't need to turbo my IDI. Now after watching that video, I want to do it even more. lol

Great vid!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's awesome Elijah. I had forgotten what your rig sounded like. Didn't hear it much at the rally... you guys were enjoying your Harley's in the warm KY summer a lot and they sounded fantastic!

Heath

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is the coolest looking and equipped idi rig I’ve seen in person to date.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NA Powa!

Not really.
Clutch kicks and limiter is key.

Filming is pretty lame, the tee post and zip tie didn’t make for great camera beauties but it’s always a good time playing in the dirt!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I promise it doesn’t sound that bad in person but wow does it sound like dog **** on the phone speaker tho

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least straight-piped IDIs don't sound as bad as straight-piped V-6 gassers <_<
The snapping kind of sounds cool, actually.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a lot less raspy with the 6.0 exhaust, but still has that snappy sound near the limiter but glad yall like it, my phone's speaker may just be blown haha

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NA Powa!

Not really.

Filming is pretty lame, the tee post and zip tie didn’t make for great camera beauties but it’s always a good time playing in the dirt!

I promise it doesn’t sound that bad in person but wow does it sound like dog **** on the phone speaker tho

Awesome!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NA Powa!

Not really.

Why is that snow you're playing in brown? :joker:

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surge isnt really the right thing to call that turbo surge is bad thats why the 7.3 super dutys are extremely recommended to get a wicked wheel the proper term is turbo bark or fart depending on who you talk to its pretty much harmless its just extra boost with no place to go so it comes back out the turbo look up the difference between turbo surge and a turbo bark