Moms truck again, new IP, new injectors, worse than before

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, we swaped the injectors over, didnt make any difference. So we were really confused for a minute, then I noticed it would only rattle like that when I'd let the clutch out in neutral.
Thats when my brother looked underneath and saw that the clutch was bouncing back and forth.
So I went under there and tried rotating the clutch mass part and just barely touched it and it moved completely. As in with no force at all it would move back and forth.
Can we have it rebuilt, or do we just need to get a new one?
THere's a whole kit on ebay, looks like good brands and stuff, and the DMF is an upgraded design, whatever that means.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
get a new one. I've tried to rebuild it. I've found them for about 700, or the 500 SMF kit.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Can I just put a SMF out of a 6.9 in it?
I've got acouple of them sitting around.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. The T-19 SMF (the one that is behind most 6.9L's) is a different thickness than the one which can be used behind a ZF-5 (aftermarket SMF.)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give the lucky mod a try. Honest, with just one trip to the hardware store and a $5.00 bill in your pocket, you can fix it in 4 hours. Worse case scenario, you end up wasting 4 hours. How can you loose?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've got a better deal than that actually.
Includes clutch and all.
But it's still over $625 for something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle