Moms Crew Cab too DANGEROUS to Drive. Help!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Hey i just had a thought. Since you mentioned a vibration in the truck and thought you might have a bent wheel... Has anyone that balanced your tires ever mentioned about a out of round wheel or are they just morons?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey i just had a thought. Since you mentioned a vibration in the truck and thought you might have a bent wheel... Has anyone that balanced your tires ever mentioned about a out of round wheel or are they just morons?
bent wheels happen more often than you think especially in this day and age with low profile tires. I usually get quite a few wheel repair jobs in the springtime.

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so here is my list lol just thought id type in if not already said

ball joints
wheel bearings
u joints
also yes bent wheel out of balance wheels
idler arm
pitman arm
tie rods
the pressed intype wheel bearings in rear if im not mistakin has it
control arm if it has a lift which i think i seen does? then yes death wobble for sure but could be wrong..

I know some of this because im putting 600 dollars in parts in my druango and it in cludes idler arm which damn near got me into so many accidents,then the wheel bearings and ball joints. but other then that to me it seems who ever done a lift if it has one it was missing some pieces sorry just had to make the list lol havnt read all the way through been to busy lol

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
bent wheels happen more often than you think especially in this day and age with low profile tires. I usually get quite a few wheel repair jobs in the springtime.

Believe me i know. Boca drivers are horrible. besides i have a cemetery village errr i mean century village across the street from me. When they were doing road construction the body shop across the way and i were busy with old people hitting barricades and bending suspension components. I know how easily a wheel can get bent, but i'm just suprised if he had a vibration in the truck that no tire monkey managed to figure out that its in the rim? I mean my GS guy (general service for those out of the field) can barely speak english (he's been in the country for 8 years) but if a tire takes too much weight or has too much runout he's the first to grab me....

Then again i just did have to weld a tire machine shovel up for the Tire Kingdom around the corner thanks to one of their monkeys so maybe i;m wrong?

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well a aluminum wheel so sooooo easy to bend I hit a curb when winter first.... first hit just to miss a new cherroke in front of me.I messed up my aluminum wheel my wheel bearing my up and lower ball joints and eventually my idler arm so yeah a curb is a no no.. but it would have been my fault 'cause my tires are umm poop! hahahah yeah I had the wife with me so she is my main pryority so shoving it in the curb is better then causing harm to her. didnt care about the truck nor myself but her. but point is they are so easy to just bend..

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
There have always been two wheels on this truck that took over 15oz of weights to balance out. Not sure if thats allot or not, but it sure looked like allot. They use those sticky ones on these wheels and those two always had a patch of weights like 4 or 5 inches long and 2 or 3 rows deep.

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have always been two wheels on this truck that took over 15oz of weights to balance out. Not sure if thats allot or not, but it sure looked like allot. They use those sticky ones on these wheels and those two always had a patch of weights like 4 or 5 inches long and 2 or 3 rows deep.

dude take those off the max ive seen is like atleast 3 oz 15 are you kidding me why didnt you say something lol um I vote NEW RIMS lol seriously dude if they are on the front thats your prob

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 15 oz of weight seems extreme. I would try different rims and tires. I would probably swap the full set of 4 .

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Just remind those tire monkeys to line the marks up when they mount a tire and if a tire takes that much weight but the rim doesn't have any obvious damage, mark the rim and tire. break them back down and spin 180. I do that quite a bit for some of the cheaper tires i have to mount for the frugal customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle