Mitchell 3500-D gear splitter for sale

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is just a flat 1/2'' steel plate that mounts to the crossmember. FYI this thing needs to go! The gas tank mods only apply to regular cab trucks.
check the source of your facts.
this is what needs to be done on fuel tank for a supercab truck.
where you hang this monster is where the center support bearing is at. unless you fabricate another crossmember to support the Mitchell unit, you will need to mod the fuel tank.

Attachments

• SL375339.JPG
    SL375339.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 23
  • SL375340.JPG
    SL375340.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 20

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about it for the 85 cab and chassis I just bought. Your tank pic is what I had been afraid of looking at it. Last question before I put up or shut up, does it accept the speedo cable or will the speedo just be way off?
I am asking because employees will be driving this truck not me and I need it to work for them.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
personally i wouldn't put this in a truck for general population. they will destroy it for you. if you are driving it or you have a specific assigned driver to the truck, that would be great. otherwise, most drivers will tear up the impossible. i had a guy drive a truck an hour on a friday evening with a blown lower hose. he made it to about 30 mins away. got towed in on the rest. mechanics found cracks the thickness of a quarter in the head. monday the driver was called into the office to explain himself. quote......"it was friday nite and there was nothing going to get in my way of picking up my paycheck". he got his minimum 4 hours that day and was told never to come back.cookoo

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys looking to off this thing or I am going have to move this heavy SOB into storage! $400.00

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want it .. email me direct i wil do an electronic transfer of funds upon reciept of a shipping invoice or we can figure out some other way of double safe means of exchange of funds/merchandise

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have the shipping company do COD on the purchase price.

I got no money for a month. if you find another one lemme know.....

ToddMaddox

Reaction score
I'm interested in the gear splitter. I currently have a model 2000D that is giving me some problems. What is the rock bottom amount you will sell it for?

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Im interested but only if I could make it work as a overdrive

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online