Missing coolant, no start, dead truck

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see now. You are using the Bar's leak that is the brown babyshit right? Don't use the silver stuff. It don't work that good on our trucks. Honestly, you don't need to worry about draining the coolant. I have never had an issue with it. key thing is to get rid of the water in the cylinders by pulling the glowplugs first and then cranking it over. Water will get into the crankcase initially but the bar's leak will seal it up. Get two of the pint sized jars, throw it in and fire it up. while running, fill up with water and let the stuff do its job. Coolant is not going to affect it but don't put any in tho, just straight water to get you home.

SKimballC

Reaction score
I don't know what color it is, the stuff I found is the "Head Gaskets" variety. WIll it overheat on straight water?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SKimballC said:
I don't know what color it is, the stuff I found is the "Head Gaskets" variety. WIll it overheat on straight water?
Look in the jar. The contents will either be silver in color or brown in color. You want the brown stuff. No you will not overheat running straight water. I ran 1800 miles with no overheat issues. truck that is. Driver was in sore need of a beer(s) when he got into Ca.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online