Missing bolt

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only long bolt that is in that bracket i cannot budge, sprayed it hopefully it breaks loose.. i hope it has not been cross threaded if so then another bracket which those i seem to be able to find.. talk about frustrating.. i should have known better when the PO said it had been to a mechanic we all know how some so called mechanics are..

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as we're talking about V belts, 6.9s and 7.3s use the same brackets. It looks right to me. Which bolt isn't lining up?
far bottom left bolt that is right below a freeze plug......would be the bolt inner toward the crank best way i can describe it

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I studied it to death. The cast aluminum bracket on yours is cockeyed for some reason. If you loosen stuff up you'll be able to line the hole up and put a bolt through it.
thanks Jesus Freak.
im sure im looking right at the issue and im not noticing it.. may have to take everything off and then i can reassess and get it lined up..
thanks again i appreciate it..

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so still looking and today i found this diagram... i am guessing those are part numbers not sure what the letters etc in parenthesis is ( )???? maybe a updated #, still looking have had issue with the 96 so that had to be taken care of.. im begining to think a set of mules and a wagon would be less hassle LOL

Attachments

• IDI bracket picture.png
    IDI bracket picture.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 7

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally able to get the A/C compressor off and look at the brackets better, im pretty sure this bracket does not go on this 7.3.
I have one bolt hole in the bracket that does not line up with the hole in the block.. i took more pics.
Does anyone know if 6.9 brackets are different or i may be off a gasser.. i just know it sure as heck does not fit correctly....
Not zure on the pics if u can tell or not, a tight spot to get a pic at..
Thanks everyone..
so finally got a chance to mess with the 89, i found one long bolt only threaded into one head bolt hole.
i did find the bracket was not correctly on due to only 1 bolt out of the 3 existing. Also those 3 in the head bolts are 3/8-16 bolts.. now we measure, hunt and fix..
sorry i been MIA...

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well update is its back on minus 1 long bolt and had a machinest friend of mine make me a bolt for that. The bolts that hold the brackets on are 3/8-16 the size i used with whst boldlts were existing was 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 now what i did discover unless someone tapped them again the 4 bolts that goes into the A/C compressor are metric and are M10x1.5 if i remember correctly, whomever suggested those thread checkers your a saint, they are a life saver.
Now to get that one way ck valve into the fuel line after that pull #8 injector clean hole and replace copper washer..
A/C was like this when i got the truck but i never use A/C anyways. No more wobbly brackets!

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I don't know the size, I believe that you're right and those are metric.
those thread checkers i got off amazon was a time saver, yep i dbl checked them 2 times sure enough those little boogers are metric..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online