Milelage comparsion

haulinass

Valley Crest Farm
Reaction score
I have an '03 GMC K3500 crew cab dually with the duramax (LLY)/Allison combo. I just installed the Banks six gun and speedloader. My average mileage before the upgrade was 12 MPG whether I was hauling or empty. Now I'm getting about 13+ MPG.
My mechanic was floored when he heard how low my gas mileage was. He told me I should be getting closer to 18 mpg.

What is everyone else averaging and if I'm low what could be the problem?

Thanks! Happy Holidays!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I know from my experience with diesels and vehicles in general that driving habits have a lot to do with mileage - what is your driving stye? Are you a jack rabbit off the stop light? do you stab the go pedal in order to pass or do you just lumbar around them on the interstate? I have found that if you just accell easy and keep from jammming on the go pedal that mileage increases quite a bit.
Now I see a drop in mileage in the wintertime because I'm the type that lets the truck idle for 20 mins or more before heading to work so that it's nice and warm in the cab - that idle time kills my mileage but it's worth it to me.
just tossing out ideas...

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Well, stock I used to average 18mpg on winter fuel and 20mpg on summer fuel. With my efilive milage tune I've been averaging 20mpg this winter an who knows what this next summer. I don't drive mine easy by any means, but I have a manual trans so that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online