Midwestern IDI Rally

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I appreciate your info and thoughts Mel! But, this is not my first day at the rodeo and I 've have run several car shows, cruise ins and other events thru the community and on the computer. Ya know! No questions were ever ask! I live and breathe DIESEL!!! And yes I was happy to develop this event and to host in our little community. We get alot of rowdies and others that don't get to enjoy our little paradise and I thought that it would be great to share it with the others here! And I wasn't trying to take anything away from the big rally. And I do apologize for that if it appeared as such. I personally know that my old IDI wouldn't make an east coast or down south trip without a 55 gal. barrel of oil along on I.V. push! I am not trying to make myself appear as a jacka** here and maybe it's too late and I've already done so. I just don't feel that this was the appropriate way for this to have been handled. And I'm not going to apologize for that. And if others feel glad as you said that I am not running the show or ruining the show as the case may be. Then so be it. Again - This is not my first round up and I do feel disheartened. I am proud of the idea as you said to have the rally here. My thought was to make this a YEARLY gathering of diesels here. But, remember when there was a problem with even having other brands here and to be welcomed. It had to go for a vote and I was all for it from the beginning! You know - As far as I'm concerned it can still be brought back here! I have a list right here on the front of my computer that I see everyday that was of who all was coming and there were going to be atleast 15-16+ here for this event. And again I state. I still think the OFFICIAL skinny should be moved back here to my spot. And no I wasn't trying to do this alone. I had several of my diesel friends here helping out. It was easier to use them since they are neighbors and I see them almost every day then trying to split things out over more miles. And if I would have needed any more help I certainly would have let Big T know ASAP! I thought I had it covered! No questions - NO ANSWERS!!!! And as I said before I still think it can come back HERE! I don't think that I would even consider backing out of this group! That was just a hot collar blowing off steam and for that I do apologize. Have been tractor pulling all weekend and had sometime to get the upset out of the way. And even though it might not appear as so - I'm not really a hot head with a bad temper. Big T - I do apologize for the temporary insanity! Thanks Again Mel for your thoughts. I still say it should come back here. This year - Not wait until next year thing. Questions can be asked in order to get the answers if there were any doubts. Now - I'll get off of my soap box.
Hoss!

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The event will stay at Circle B Campground - this is because members/attendees have already put out money for their sites (their own money).

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
OK! Gotta do what ya gotta do! Probably won't make it! That will still be a busy weekend here too! You all have fun! We'll see what happens for next time! Maybe noone will have any interest in having a gathering in Mongo anyway without all of the numerous activities. Mongo is kinda backwoods for city people too! Good Luck with meet. I hope all goes well.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Glad to see that they spent (their own money) on the camp. Sure wasn't mine. Circle B is a nice camp. Have been there many times with family and Friends. Good to see that you made it there today and their awaiting your arrival. I will go ahead and trash all of what I had done and have made for here. Since it most assuredly won't be needed at your shindig. All of what I (we) have will pale in comparrison. I'm sure.

---------
Ike

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks guys for putting this together, Hoss, Please don't think that your efforts are going unappreciated. I am looking forward to going to a IDI rally that is only 2 hours away from me no matter who is hosting it. The problem is that your last post was almost 3 months ago. Like Mel stated as he usually does so well, the people that are going to these rallys need to see activity, and have updates. So Travis picked up the ball and ran with it. Travis, thanks for doing that.

It would be great if you could make it, and help out with what you have already put together, maybee in time that will be a possibility.

Thanks again guys,
Darrin

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Hey Ron, according to the map C32 is a long way away from my 49, and Gruss #31. Are you shure that is correct? Check it out,.. Anyone else know what site they are on?

Yeppers C32.

You sure you're not on C49? IF so you're kitty-corner across from us. :confused:
I think they were trying to keep us all in the same area.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Judy at the campground and here is how it lies...

C28 - Myself (Full Hook up)
C29 - Scott Nicklas (photographer for the weekend) (Full Hook up)
C30 - Jim Williams (Full Hook up)
C31 - Gary and Patty Russell (Full Hook up)
C32 - Ron and Karen Butts (Full Hook up)
C49 - Darrin and Lori Tosh (Water / Electric site)
C50 - Nick and Tina Scarpa (Water / Electric site)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Less than one month to go!, think Ron is gonna have the truck ready?
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
The drivers side replacement door is STILL on backorder. -cuss -cuss
Can't paint the truck till I have all the sheet metal in one spot and can shoot it the same day.
I sure hope the PRTJ gremlins keep their distance cause it's gonna be REALLY close.

Had to spend some Birfday time away from the truck today with the fam, so still aways out yet.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
If you need to I have a blue and silver door that you can borrow for the rally, I just need it back,....

You can even paint it if you want!

Later,
Darrin

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
We're going camping this weekend. We'll see if the 5er clears the bed rails. I've already busted the light plug off once, getting it into a twist while make a hard left turn. Oh well... what doesn't go thru, just rubbs off.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ron will be there with pictures and tee shirts while driving Karen's Gasser... Might even stay for a couple of hours I'm sure... -Flame Thr ;Poke LOL

Which reminds me... Ron we need to hook up so that we can settle up on shirts... You working this weekend?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
argve said:
Which reminds me... Ron we need to hook up so that we can settle up on shirts... You working this weekend?
after getting caught pulling this stunt, I'm not sure he still has a job.:D:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Attachments

• ddc pic.jpg
    ddc pic.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 13