Mel's Hypermax manual

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
I'm new to this group and I see reference to Mel's Hypermax Manual in a thread. I ordered a Hypermax turbo for my 1986 E-350 cut away MH today. I would like to read all I can about the install before I start. Could someone tell me where to find it. Thanks!!

Jim
Bellingham, WA

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
jauguston said:
I'm new to this group and I see reference to Mel's Hypermax Manual in a thread. I ordered a Hypermax turbo for my 1986 E-350 cut away MH today. I would like to read all I can about the install before I start. Could someone tell me where to find it. Thanks!!

Jim
Bellingham, WA

Jim here ya go...Mel's Hypermax 6.9 L Gasket and Turbo Install

I couldn't find it either.

Hope it helps. I am sure he'll step in to save some face. :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume your looking for the headgasket/turbo article which covers some installation of the Hypermax turbo. You'll find it under the contents section of TDS in the 6.9/7.3 tips and tricks. I don't think TDS allows an off site link, so here it is in text form. Just cut and paste into your browsers URL window. thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?6.9L%20Gasket%20and%20Turbo%20Install

On edit: this is driving me nuts. I can't get rid of the space between the last two "L's". You'll need to do that yourself. :***:

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
On edit: this is driving me nuts. I can't get rid of the space between the last two "L's". You'll need to do that yourself. :***:

Was gonna do the same thing for Jim last night too until I ran into the same issues Mel....Thought it was Firefox acting up...guess not. :smash:
How's about getting it over here before it gets deleted there. :rolleyes: :fan:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started work on an updated version of that article for here. Just haven't had a lot of time to put into it yet.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
No Luck

Thanks for trying guys. I have not been able to get any of the provided ways to work. I got a message from Ron's link that Google couldn't find it. I will try again using my computer instead of this Webtv.

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. While looking into why you might be having such problems, I found that a web site which appearantly is no more, had at one time "stolen" my article for preservation. I could only view it as a cached Google link. Click Here

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Still no luck

Google said they could not find that document.
I still have not tried the computer. Maybe that will work.

My turbo has not shown up yet. Come to find out Hypermax had a computer crash in the shipping dept on Tuesday and my order got lost. Fortunately I called them Friday with a question and had them check the status of my order. Good thing I checked or it would never have been shipped.

Jim

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Success

The link in Mel's last post worked from this computer. It did not show the pictures but the text was quite helpful. Thanks Mel.

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try the TDS reference given earlier. It has the pics in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Staff online