Mel at Conestoga Diesel

bad67ford

Reaction score
hey guys just in case you all didn't know already Mel is awesome to do business with. I called him just before Thanksgiving he took the time out of his day and spoke to me for about 20 minutes about idi's and injection systems.We set up an appointment for today. I made the 140 mile trip out to him and he got me set up with a baby moose pump and injectors and dynamic timed it to 9 degrees. Let me just say wow what a difference more torque, power,and mpg.Cant wait to see what she runs like with a Hypermax turbo. Mel has a clean and organized shop and is a professional in every sense of the word. If your looking for someone to do some work on your diesel he's the one.Glad to see The United States still has old time Honest business men.

Thanks for everything very happy!!!!!

Scott

bad67ford

Reaction score
yup that's me, too bad i wasn't at the shop to meet you.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you though for your honest feedback. Its such a pleasure to have a beautiful truck like yours to work on. Most of the IDI's I see are basket cases, and some of them are really rough. Yours on the other hand is genuinely first rate, and obviously its in the hands of someone who cares about it. Florida rust free truck, new paint, rebuilt trans, great interior, and your not afraid to spend money on it. Your truck drives and rides better than some of the newer Powerstrokes that I see here. It's always obvious when someone cares about their rig, and you have done much! I hope that it serves you well for a very long time, and I have no doubt that it will. Don't forget to install a new cowl seal, and I didn't ask you about it, but if you haven't, make sure you maintain your SCA's in your cooling system. ;Sweet

bad67ford

Reaction score
Thanks again Mel and keep up the good work you've gained another customer for life!!!! Going to order a cowl seal today. Sca levels in check I use the fleet charge with the sca's already in it. My father in law will be calling you soon to do some work on his 2002 power stroke so I'll see you soon

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
hat a fine testimonial written by someone thats come in from the cols world of ebay cheats. So many have made this same move to a known honest businessman and found out there are honest people doing a fine business trade still. Russ aka typ4 in Oregon will do as much honest work as Mel does. These are the 2 business and long time members of this forum we buy from and recommend to others. Buying an ebay painted injection pump is a sure way to spend hard earned money uselessly.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Finding a mechanic you can trust is among the most valuable things in this world.

If Mel was here in the southwest and I was still driving a diesel, he would be my mechanic for sure.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm humbled by your generous comments. Thank you.