Mechanically injected PSD Part 2

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I-H makes mechanical injected v-8 I-h kills mechanical v-8 and makes electronic pos v-8, then hypermax reinvents mechanical motor why not just stay with what e all know is best anyway:dunno simple mechanicaly injected engines is so much better in many ways

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I-H makes mechanical injected v-8 I-h kills mechanical v-8 and makes electronic pos v-8, then hypermax reinvents mechanical motor why not just stay with what e all know is best anyway:dunno simple mechanicaly injected engines is so much better in many ways

They killed it probably for more hp and emmisions.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

Billets..........

You most certainly can make a mechanical engine pass emissions, but no one wants to anymore. Computer systems allow easier tuning and diagnostic from a manufacturer's standpoint. Takes a different kind of thinking to make a mechanical diesel run well. Not the kind of thinking that is in detroid these days.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure could have made a mechanical diesel pass emissions in 1994 when they went PSD but after the 2002 standards...I'm not so sure. Although Stanadyne seems to think they can make mechanical injection pass tier 3 at last for off road vehicles.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
You most certainly can make a mechanical engine pass emissions, but no one wants to anymore. Computer systems allow easier tuning and diagnostic from a manufacturer's standpoint. Takes a different kind of thinking to make a mechanical diesel run well. Not the kind of thinking that is in detroid these days.

;Sweet

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I am not adverse to modern technology, efi has made gassers do things that we never thought could happen like have a supercharged, 600+hp sport car that idles nice and gets 20mpg. And electronic diesels are making incredible power, but the systems are way too complex and expensive. It's like the early days of efi for gassers all over again.

But there is a better way coming www.greendieselcorp.com

Until that system is available, I'd rather have the mechanical diesels. And yeah, they know how to make them run clean. But we know the score on that deal.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW! :eek:

There is a ton of custom machine work going on there, that's for sure. I bet they got thousands of hours into it.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
160,000psi fuel injection?
sounds nifty, but what happens when a nozzle gets a wee bit of anything in it, fires off a stream, and cuts a piston in half?

that might be a problem.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point. I wonder if that is possible? Or would the intense heat just turn it into carbon powder?

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Those injectors defy what normally has been done, and it remains to be seen how they'll do in the real world. But that's how things change. The nice thing is that the pressure step up is done in two stages at the injector instead of using outside supply pumps to do it like the common rail systems. If he can get it mass produced, it'll change the game for sure. No need for aftertreatment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online

No members online now.