Mac tools ET18DPM mech pulse adapter?

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score
I bought this tool used and didnt get instructions on how to connect the 2 wires. Can someone who used it tell me where does the second wire ,the one with the aligator clip connect to. I know the clamp and the one wire go around the injector line but im at a loss with the second wire thanks. Richie

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried talking to someone with MAC? Its likely they don't know anything, but its worth a try and you might surprise yourself and run into someone who knows exactly what to tell you. Most folks here use either the MT1480/480, Rotunda, the ferret pulse adapter, and a couple of us use the MT254. It seems this and the ferret would be similar. Its the adapter that allows you to take a pulse reading and converts it to a signal a conventional timing light can pick up correct? This is exactly what the ferret does and similar to what the MT254 does(except that one takes a luminosity signal and turns it into a "spark" signal.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The use of this tool is no different from the Snap-On mt257 or the Ferret model. If you have a 7.3, locate the line that has the "adapter" between the line and the injector. On the pickup truck system, the line right under the feul filter is the one. Here's a trick I do, take a small piece of sandpaper and remove the paint on the line closest to the injector, this will help it ground easier. Loosely clamp the piezo adapter on the line and attach the wires. the positive will go on the piezo and the ground can go on any bare metal part on the injection pump. fire up the motor and check to see if the light on the meter is blinking steadily, gently tighten or loosen the piezo until the reading is steady enough for the timing light to accurately measure a RPM. At that point, check the timing at idle. make note and rev up the motor to 2k rpm. check timing while it's at 2k rpm. There needs to be a minimum of 2 deg measured from idle to 2k. if in need of adjustment, adjust the pump accordingly.