Low RPM governor speed

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing moves! If you’re ever in the area give me a call or text and we’ll throw the timing meter on there and get it right where it needs to be.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the adjustments I made to the IP seemed to retard the timing quite a bit, it was running crazy quiet. I advanced the timing a bit more and took another test drive. This is the fastest IDI I have ever been in. Check out this video.l, I started in 2nd and went 0-60 in about 8 seconds. Not bad for a huge diesel, 4x4 extended cab long bed from 1991!!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thanks again for all the help Thewespaul!

What type of horsepower do ya think I'm making? 225?
At least 500hp. No I think around 225 is fair estimate

Steven Donald

Reaction score
Yes, mine wasn't right for some reason. The previous owner had a lot done to it and I don't think they did all of it correctly. Is yours a '94 turbo?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really depends on what application the pump came from and how it was setup by the rebuilder, very few trucks still have the original untouched pumps on them.

Steven Donald

Reaction score
It was supposedly the IP off of the '94 that he stole the rest of the turbo setup from. I believe him because he gave me the old IP from the '91 engine also.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, does it look like it had been apart for a rebuild?

After seeing your success with this repair I am honestly feeling a bit more confident sharing some diy pump mods that can be done to squeeze some performance out our stock pumps without spending big bucks on a built pump. Gonna look into making a write up for some of this if theres an interest for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online