Low beam headlight issue

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Hey all, as you know its starting to get dark around 6 these days so I have been using my headlights when I get off work

Today I went to get fuel and stopped by my buddies and on my way home it was pretty dark, I was driving down the interstate going "70," and I saw my low beams just cut off. I fiddled with the dash knob for a couple seconds driving blind and nothing but lamps are working, then I go to the column and push the left switch forward to turn my high beams on and still nothing...

I then pull and hold them in towards me and the high beams turn on, only when holding them in... Blinkers worked fine. I drove like this for 10 minutes on my way home and when I got home still no low beams were working and high beams would only work pulled in. Checked all fuses, relays and nothing. I left it and went and ate dinner. Came back outside with the truck off and boom low beams are working again and high beam works pushed in.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That headlight switch heats up and won’t function till it cools off, I had this issue in my truck and remedied it by adding relays to the harness

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Adding relays and heavier harness is great.
But you will still have to replace the switch and pigtail.
You can build a harness or buy one. Many have used the LMC one and seem to like it. Just buy a couple extra relays.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another alternative and one I'm considering is changing to LED.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed all my bulbs to led besides the heaDlights yet, I noticed that I have no volt drop anymore turning on my running lights and blinkers dont make my guage move any(very minimal before like 1/64in) this next month I'm gonna experiment with some of the led options I found that theoretically will work in my bricknose

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online