Lost Tail Lights

berniesouthunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal, I also have a 1990 CCLB 4x4 that has lost the tail lights, They worked for a long time and the whammy ( No lights ). Everthing else seems to work just fine, hazards, stop, reverse. My fuse is fine and intact. I am going down the road of possible headlight switch or short somewere along the line. Is there another fuse box on an 90 under the hood? Whats the best place to get a headlight switch, and what do the roughly cost? I don't have the truck here at work, and I don't remember if theres a fusebox under there or not. Any help would be appreciated. THX alott.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Have you checked the taillight bulbs?

How did you check the fuses?

with a test light or by pulling them out and looking at them? using a test light is best b/c the fues can look good but it can be broken off the the side were you can't see it. if the test light lights up then the fuse is good and if it does not light then the fuse is bad. test light is much faster as well.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look for a broken or corroded wire in the main connector under the bed.its the brown wire.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, Are your dash lights still working? Mine was a bad connection in the light switch itself. no warning or reason. just nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online