Lost boost on turbo

Chrismohan

Reaction score
My turbo was sounding beautiful for awhile after last weeks post about only getting 1-4 lbs of boost. It was just the boot connecting the air box to turbo. It was screaming yesterday and then all of a sudden went kind of quiet. Nothing appears wrong visually. No leaks or anything. What the heck could have happened

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would be helpful to know what year truck, and what turbo

Chrismohan

Reaction score
Could the turbo just be done/wore out or would there be some indications beforehand. I didnt even notice it happen. I was on the highway and started to realize i couldnt hear it anymore. I thought i may have just went deaf to it after being in the truck at 75mph for an hour straight.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
exhaust leaks and boost leaks, since youre not hearing it, I would inspect the connections and make sure the wheel spins freely

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool! A 1st gen sidewinder.You don't see those very often.It seems most people either have the old banks/pre-sidewinder or the 2nd gen,wastegated, sidewinder.
Sorry for the hijack.I have no valuable info to contribute.Brian was right.The pic worked! :D

Chrismohan

Reaction score
Cool! A 1st gen sidewinder.You don't see those very often.It seems most people either have the old banks/pre-sidewinder or the 2nd gen,wastegated, sidewinder.
Sorry for the hijack.I have no valuable info to contribute.Brian was right.The pic worked! :D
Its not actually a sidewinder. Just the box. I am putting the sidewinder turbo in this week. More power

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online