Loss of power during acceleration

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes is me, if it’s leaking from the nose cone you’re likely due for a reseal. That’s not a common place to leak so if that seal has deteriorated more are sure to follow. You can go on ClassicDieselDesigns.com and look at my pricing on rebuilds.

8lugchug

Reaction score
Wes is me, if it’s leaking from the nose cone you’re likely due for a reseal. That’s not a common place to leak so if that seal has deteriorated more are sure to follow. You can go on ClassicDieselDesigns.com and look at my pricing on rebuilds.

Ok I’ll check it out
Like I said the pump runs really well
Do you have a basic reseal price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8lugchug

Reaction score
https://classicdieseldesigns.com/co...products/cdd-stock-db2-injection-pump-rebuild

$850, I don’t do reseals. I rebuild the pump properly and do the reliability upgrades I outlined on that page so that the pump will hold up to our modern diesel that these pumps were never engineered for.

Woah yea def can’t do that right now
I really appreciate the offer. My situation right now with work and the mother of my kids will not allow that lol
As stated above I didn’t pay for the other one I got from the parts store
Guess I’ll just have to save up or idk maybe a miracle will happen and I’ll come across some quick cash

8lugchug

Reaction score
If the old one ran so well, just leaked a bit, I'd be tempted to just put it back on, and try to return the one from autozone.

If the 'new' one is running so badly, it is possible that you are wasting more fuel just driving down the road, than you were losing to the leak.

What did you do to try to fix the leak, before you decided to replace the IP?

Yea good point my only issue with that was the fuel would run down the back of the motor to the bell housing and possibly pulling some into my clutch etc (ZF5)

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea good point my only issue with that was the fuel would run down the back of the motor to the bell housing and possibly pulling some into my clutch etc (ZF5)

Have you tried just putting a wrench on the nose of that part, and tightening it down a bit?

You'll want to loosen the inlet fitting first. Don't remove it, just loosen a bit.

Then tighten the nose, then the fitting.

8lugchug

Reaction score
Have you tried just putting a wrench on the nose of that part, and tightening it down a bit?

You'll want to loosen the inlet fitting first. Don't remove it, just loosen a bit.

Then tighten the nose, then the fitting.

I have not. These things seem to be sensitive and I didn’t wanna throw something out of wack if I did and maybe put a little much on it. Then again I guess it’s an option considering I’m screwed either way .. [emoji23]