Looking for transmission temperature sensor info

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what size the test port on the E4OD is? Trucks at home and im not otherwise I'd just go look. Working on building an overpriced over complicated transmission temperature gauge. Also how long of a probe can i use?

Thanks for the help!

Also a quick little PSA
If you ever disconnect the cooler lines, make sure you remember to tighten the clamps before going for a test drive. Unless you feel like undercoating your truck.
You must be registered for see images

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know but I'm sure Gary will and he'll be along shortly to give you the info.

However, the undercoating of ATF will help winterize the bottom of the truck.LOL

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The port on the dricers side of the trans just in front of the lever switch is 1/8 inch pipe threads. Surely that ATF wont harm anything...:D I used to remove the line to the cooler and flush out the trans fluid when I drained my auto trans. Place the hose in a 5 gallon bucket and hope like hell the pressure didn't force the hose to whip around... I coated my truck like you did once... Makes things look like you killed the truck with all the red fluid dripping off everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online