Looking for good programmer

charliee22

Reaction score
I have a 96 powerstroke cc dually what would be the best all around programmer for this since i haul cattle and other heavy objects would like more power and mileage.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I can't really say on mileage I use my truck on lots of short trips idleing heavy loads and what not the specs are 60,80,100 tow race and extreme but on a 96 your only gonna gain about 40-50 Hp max

tjl

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
DP-Tuner, Power Hungry Performance are both good tuners for the power stroke. With the mods in my sig and DP-Tuner's tunes I picked up 2 mpg over all. More if I keep my foot out of it.

Ionus

Reaction score
I got the SCT for my 99 for 360$. I have not drove it much after using it to really tell if it helped with gas milage but it sure woke the 7.3 up.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I like my edge evolution real well

I like mine as well... the only thing I don't like is the re-flashing of the comp everytime I haul coal or my camper. I usually run setting two, but don't like to with alot of weight behind or in the truck.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
How much power can you gain with an Edge evolution in a 2000 F350 4x4 Crew SB? I found a truck that has one and know nothin about them. What things can you do with one?

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
The Edge Evo has 3 power levels...60hp 80hp and 100 or 120hp (can't remember which). The 60 is a good all around tune for towing that won't push high EGTs. The 80hp is the economy mode and if you really stay in it you can get the temps up there unless you have a 4" exhaust. The Race tune can heat things up real quick.

I think the power numbers for the OBS trucks is slightly lower but you should confirm that from Edge's website.

The DiabloSport Predator is a good programmer as well. I prefer Edge Products so I'd go with the Edge Evolution. I paid about $200 used for mine. It also will pull computer codes and tell you what they mean right on the screen. Time to change a tune is about 5 minutes. Don't buy the SCT. The power it puts out is not as useable as the Edge or Diablo programmers and last I heard it only showed you the codes and you had to look them up fro a definition. I also think it has longer download times for changing tunes.

Course you can always get better power out of a chip swap such as a TS or twildman chip, but the programmers are really handy tools.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Well im lookin at a truck that has an edge programmer. I cant tell from the pic but it looks like its an evolution. So with an edge programmer does it show what gauges would show? Like EGT's and other temp gauges?

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
No you will need gauges. The programmer plugs in to the port under the dash and can either change the programming (power level), measure performance, and pull/reset trouble codes. You will still need the appropriate gauges on the A-pillar. The Edge Juice with Attitude monitor has the ability to show gauge readings but it is significantly more expensive.

The Evo programmer is a rectangular gray box that looks like an overgrown Game Boy with red buttons and a blue digital screen and a cord coming out of the top.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
well i dont know what it is then. Dont think it is an evo then. I will post a pic of it later. It definately says edge on it. I know it showed boost psi. Yea i would def have to get gauges then.