Looking for an intake screen

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get one of these on the cheap? Ford wants $50 for it, and mine's missing the ring and the edges are getting nasty. I'm worried about dropping a piece of it into the intake.

Any help would be appreciated, I've almost finished replacing my head gasket and the last thing I want to do is put all this work to get this thing back together and just have something else fail.

Thanks,

MoMo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landscape man had that problem with his, so I took it off and trimmed everything away from the nut and put it back. He runs a turbo so the way I look at it, the screen is only there for doing maintainance. Anything small enough to get through the turbo is going through the screen anyway. Anything the turbo decides to let go of is definitily going through the screen no matter what size it is. :eek:

LOL

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I had thought about that as well. With no other options, I'd rather run without it then worry about dropping a piece in.
BTW, your articles on the gasket swap and injector maintenance has been very, very helpful on this project! Of course, it would have been easier had I heeded your suggestions to remove the front end, my body is very tired of me laying it across the radiator to get anything done on it.LOL

MoMo

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Some time back I saw several new ones on Ebay for around $7.00 each. Right now on Ebay you can buy a complete intake manifold for $25.00 or find a wrecking yard and buy one. I see them all the time in the yards I shop at. Your the first member needing this that I can remember. Some wont use this screen.. Some wont run without it....:dunno

zpd307

Reaction score
mine is all f'd up also. from pulling the air cleaner off so many times to ether it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap!!!! 50 bucks, I bought one a year ago from ford for 13.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.