looking for a permanent clutch switch for my swap.

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
i really only suggested a brake light switch because the only time i have had a need to mess with one, the universal replacement switch i bought had three connections on it so that you could use it in either a normally open or normally closed system. and i think i only paid about $5 for it, and i think it was the highest price one on the rack
dang i think i might have to check for that in my trip to the store today. was it like a help/dorman type deal or something from behind the counter?

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
Two things-
1) Vehicle Inspection passing/failing GREATLY depends on who you go to. My mechanic passed me after I left the truck overnight (in December) and we all know how these things smoke when cold. I also passed without a muffler- you cant miss that unless you are completely deaf
yeah ive been around the block on that. ive seen all different kinds of inspections. the guy i go to checks the horn, lights, signals, checks the ball joints and brakes, tread depth, and puts a rag over the exhaust to see if theres a leak. you could bring in a lamborghini with side pipes and it would get the same check as granny's 83 ****** wagon.

but he is also the type that would fail in the case of the truck jumping if he accidentally tried to start it in gear.

im gonna try this universal 3 pole switch and see what happens.

im also still looking for the 2 wire weatherpack style terminal for the ZF reverse switch. i think for the time being i may just put two torpedo connectors on there and pack it full of silicone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online