looking at wmo centrifuges

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about switching from my gravity feed into socks wmo filtering system to a centrifuge setup... looking for places that sell them and experience on them... help me out thanks joe

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.pabiodieselsupply.com

This is where I got my setup. I am running a 120 gph inverted centrifuge.

Its super easy to use. I like to heat my oil up to about 100 degrees then run the centrifuge for about 6 hours at about 90-100 psi. Taking it apart to clean it is a bit messy but thats part of making fuel.

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How far away from fort Atkinson,wi do you live ..if your close maybe you can let me check out your setup.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PA Bio here too... I'm running the 55gph unit and its great... no issues at all.

I power it with an old power steering pump v-belt driven by an old 1/6hp 110v motor... regulated via bypass valve ~85psi and runs that for hours on end without issue.

There are quite a few pics in my thread if you want to check it out.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am up by Manitowoc. I am in the process of rebuilding my setup right now but if you want to check it out just let me know.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently run tandem 55GPH PA Biodiesel units. They are driven by a ford power steering pump by an old whirlpool washing machine motor. I heat way north of 250 Degrees (I had the paint on the drums smoking the other day to drive all the water out) and run as long as I can tend to it. I used to run using manual bypass valve but recently dropped 30 bucks on an agriculture type bypass relief valve. I run at 90 to 95 PSI because I like overkill, but I can GUARANTEE you, over pressure on PA Bio units WILL deform the rotors. I have ruined one, and another needs to be beat back out or replaced soon. Both rotor were deformed by accident when my wife grabbed the reliefe valve and moved it the wrong way. After I got on to her about it, I did it myself a few months later.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done both on the same truck... 93 f250 7.3 idi.. NA... it runs better on the fuged oil then it did on filtered....

Previously... I would settle for weeks... then gravity filter to 2 mic. absolute.... now I still filter and settle... but feed my centrifuge directly from my old "finished" drum.... works great.

The truck drinks the oil better then d2.... runs better...

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how many time's do you have to run oil threw the centrifuge? The oil I get is from work. every 6 months or so the oil gets changed out of the trucks.. hydro oil comes from the elevators/ other compressor motors..

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I process mine typically 15-20hrs... but I'm not in a hurry and always have some on hand ready to run. I clean the fuge every 2-4 hrs depending on if I'm being lazy or not.

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I do not heat the oil I add kerosene or diesel to thin it befor I centrifuge it. The centrifuge seems to run a bit better when its thinner. But if I heat it I add the diesel after.

I run my centrifuge for about 6 hours.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mix 20% diesoline (diesel gas mixture that I snag for free from local shops) or RUG before I even start the gravity process... it helps the heavy junk drop out of suspension that much faster... and I don't heat my setup at all.

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been mixing 15 gal unfiltered oil with 15 gal diesel b 4 I gravity filter... so on the from the looks of running a centrifuge. The route goes unfiltered oil into pump that sends it into the tee with gauge and ball valve.(I take it the ball valve is for regulating pressure to centrifuge and the ball valve side goes back into the unfiltered tank) the other side of the tee goes into centrifuge... now does the centrifuge good oil exit in the bottom of the centrifuge? Does it sound right?