Looking at this 96 F250 4wd 5spd

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is yours a 4wd? I'm really not sure why they'd be different. With the same GVWR you'd think they would be. What's your axle code/ type?

Yes, 4x4, axle code is C9, mine is same spring code as yours but is an auto trans. All the other weights are the same as yours, but mine says 235/85/16 at 55 psi front and rear.

Anyone else have a similar 80 psi for the rear of their F250? Maybe it is a manual trans thing...

Last edited:

sassyrel

Reaction score
Yeah, and the "Incoming Satellite" warning light on the dash will warn you of anything about to fall on the truck.....[/QUOTE]

explain.......

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For stock size this would be true. Once you go non standard watch the wear, ride, handling, etc. Long as they aren't too low or overinflated you shouldn't have an issue.

On any vehicle once you change from the exact factory tire, different brands/ styles etc. will all work a little different. Even in the factory size. Door jam becomes a great guide/ fallback number, but you can fine tune that.
This is a better version of what I meant. You START with the door jamb numbers and go from there, based on size, load, etc. If you go only by what's on the tire, since that's the MAX inflation for the MAX load for that tire, you risk overinflating. Same size tire usually doesn't even get the same inflation front-to-rear on _most_ vehicles (look at the door jamb sticker on any FWD car), but the number on the tire is the same. That's why it's best to go INITIALLY by the door jamb sticker, but as you say, tune from there.

Yes, 4x4, axle code is C9, mine is same spring code as yours but is an auto trans. All the other weights are the same as yours, but mine says 235/85/16 at 55 psi front and rear.

Anyone else have a similar 80 psi for the rear of their F250? Maybe it is a manual trans thing...
Two '95 F250s, both 4x4 ZF5s. One RCLB with a C9 (3.55 limited), other one is ECLB with a 39 axle (3.55 open). Both say 235/85/16, 55 front, 80 rear :dunno. I'd have to check the spring codes; I do remember that the RCLB has one more rear leaf than the ECLB.

Yeah, and the "Incoming Satellite" warning light on the dash will warn you of anything about to fall on the truck.....

explain.......
Likewise fanciful. Neither the Incoming Satellite warning light nor the oil level sensor exist.

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two '95 F250s, both 4x4 ZF5s. One RCLB with a C9 (3.55 limited), other one is ECLB with a 39 axle (3.55 open). Both say 235/85/16, 55 front, 80 rear :dunno. I'd have to check the spring codes; I do remember that the RCLB has one more rear leaf than the ECLB.

Looks like it may be a ZF5 thing. Interesting.

I recall a 60 Minutes type show that talked about the E350 being the only vehicle in the country that had a different front and rear PSI requirement.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall a 60 Minutes type show that talked about the E350 being the only vehicle in the country that had a different front and rear PSI requirement.
Yuh, mainstream media's never gotten anything wrong.... Shoot, every S-Series Saturn ever made was 30 front 26 rear. Gotta be gazillions of other makes/models like that.

Were these the same "investigative journalism" guys who rigged the exploding Chevy pickup? Or the guys who said that the web site for the "Trenchcoat mafia" (those high school kids that went on a shooting spree) had their own web site, trenchcoats.com, which turned out to be the site for an alt-rock band called the Trenchcoats? :idiot: :frustrate :rolleyes:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tire talk. All depends on air pressure inflation whether it's an C D E G load rated tire. E rated is 80 PSI cold inflation.

sassyrel

Reaction score
nor the oil level sensor exist.[/QUOTE]

really?????...................................................................

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thats the nice thing about HEUI diesel's, low oil level, and it will die on its own. I witnessed it on my BIL's high mile OBS. IIRC it was something like 6 quarts low, and it died cruising down the country road.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet you about $20 that the leak is coming from old fuel lines.

The bottom fuel line was suspect, but the other lines were good. The long fuel line that wrapped around the front looked new.
The fuel pump seemed to be the main culprit, but the drain valve o rings liked bad as well.