looking at buying a 1990 Dodge

dave1shere

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions. I'm looking at a 1990, two-door I forgot to ask whether it was a manual or a automatic. The owner says that the only thing he knows of, that is wrong with it is, it is leaking diesel fuel, around the injector pump. He says, the bodies in good shape. The engine starts instantly, he claims to have kept up the oil and oil filter changes, and he claims there are no other problems that he knows of. I ask them about the interior, and he said, well. It's a 1990 so it may be a little rough. The guy has moved to Texas from Florida and his wife is staying behind to sell their home and other such things. He will be back, Thanksgiving and said I can come look at it this weekend. He seems motivated to sell. He's asking $900. I have a Mercedes diesel, and my wife has a VW diesel. So I'm very familiar with all the problems associated with diesels, but am not familiar with the Cummings engine and the Dodge, would appreciate any advice. Thanks Dave.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
for 900 clams it sounds good.... the fuel leak is more than likely a bad hose.... I say jump on it....

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for 900 clams it sounds good.... the fuel leak is more than likely a bad hose.... I say jump on it....

There are a few common leakage areas for the rotary pumps, if it's leaking at the pump, it most likely is an o-ring or seal. For $900 I'd buy it. If it drives ok, it is well worth that.
Travis..

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Seal kit is less than $30 and with common tools patience and good MEMORY You can take it apart and put it back together with all new seals. And for $900 heck YES.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online