Lookin at this

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I don't see the mileage on the engine but it looks like a good clean truck in the pics.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty nice truck, sure seems like it has had a lot of new parts recently so it should last for a while. Are you adding to your fleet or replacing your old truck?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only concern I have is the ext cab/shortbox never came stock in our IDI's.
this is a conversion job. make sure the person who done it knew what they were doing.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure by looking at the pics that it is a shortbed... the bedsides in front and behind the wheelwell look to long to be a shortbed. It is a nice truck though........

gandalf

Reaction score
The seller says it's an "extended cab short box", and we all know that sellers always know what they have and never lie about anything.:sly

I'd tend to agree with Calvin. Take a very close look at what has been done when you consider this one. It looks good, but...

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well when I am trying to get rid of my 93 F150 super cab short box 5.0 automatic lifted on 33's cuz its a fuel hog and i hate the weak parts that always bust like front u joints etc. I guess fleet is staying the same size but I can't drive my 85 cuz it's all stripped down of parts i needed on my 86 and that needs ALOT of work to get going again so im just trying to find a truck with good milage and that can pull more than a mower on a lil trailer.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
only concern I have is the ext cab/shortbox never came stock in our IDI's.
this is a conversion job. make sure the person who done it knew what they were doing.

I agree. Most people have a hard enough time changing their oil, no less sectioning a frame or doing a complete engine/suspension swap

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Either way, if it's decent, I should get around two-three times the mileage of my lifted 5.0 F150 that Im trying to sell. It's not a bad truck, but 8 mpg is ******* the pocket book, espessially living 14 hours from home and driving there and back to school every three months

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, look out for any stupid stuff done to the frame but you probably would know enough to see if stuff like that had been done once you get under it? To be honest I know nothing about body work so I wonder what sort of shortcuts can be done to make the conversion that Calvin is worried about.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The swap from Gas to Diesel is very simple, almost everything will drop right in, except for a couple holes in the frame for the pass side motor mount and trans crossmember. If you also get the diesel wiring harnesss you can just plug it up and be ready to go after you set the engine/trans in. Fuel tanks are not a big deal either just alter the pick ups in the tank or even just run a regulator to cut the pressure back to what you need. A wide diesel radiator will fit the gas core support and cool just fine. I would not be scared to buy one that someone had converted as long as you can raise the hood and not see splices and riggings everywhere.

Last edited:

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well the guy chopped the frame from a long bed and put a short box on it. I am not going to get it because the fuel lines and stuff are kind botched together and the welding on the frame doesn't look to safe. he just cut it at a 90 and welded it back together. the welds look good but there is not really any other reinforcement. Other than that I don't have the money his is asking to get it even if I was going to buy it because when we where negotiating at first he said he would take partial trade with my Predator but now he wants it all in cash but I can't afford that with going to school.